Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

VSOP

Nov 5, 2004, 8:00 AM

Post #1 of 17 (1291 views)

Shortcut

Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
Does anyone have a website for historical weather data for the Lake Chapala/Guadalajara areas?

I am specifically interested in late November.

No hay rosas sin espinas . . .

(This post was edited by VSOP on Nov 5, 2004, 11:27 AM)

NEOhio

Nov 6, 2004, 7:16 AM

Post #2 of 17 (1204 views)

Shortcut

Re: [VSOP] Weather in Late November

|
I have been watching this request for info to figure out what to pack for our Thanksgiving week trip - but no takers on the weather.

So, I have heard the cool morning and evening, warms up in the day. But how warm in the day clotheswise?

Is it San Francisco sunny day warm, or, San Diego mild day warm?

Here at home we have transitioned to winter which is generally jeans/docker-type pants, cotton turtlenecks and a sweater. Is this good enough weatherwise and throw in a light jacket? Or should I get the shortsleeve polo shirts back out and throw in a heavier jacket?

I know, seems trite to ask, but I HATE to travel with too much clothes and never having been there haven't a clue. And already one suitcase will be filled with Barbies from someone in California (don't ask) and another with requested stuff.

Thanks.

esperanza

Nov 6, 2004, 7:42 AM

Post #3 of 17 (1199 views)

Shortcut

Re: [VSOP] Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
Okay, I'll bite.

The expected highs in Guadalajara over the next few days range from 73 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. This time of year, the days are usually partly sunny to completely sunny, with a light breeze. The same will be true in late November.

The expected lows in Guadalajara over the next few nights range from 48 to 51 Fahrenheit. It could be about the same late in the month and it could be a little cooler. Nights are normally clear.

The current temperature is 55 degrees Fahrenheit.

Don't pack rain gear, it's the one thing you won't need.

There isn't much variation from year to year.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Nov 6, 2004, 7:46 AM)

VSOP

Nov 6, 2004, 8:55 AM

Post #4 of 17 (1185 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
Mil gracias, señoras, por las respuestas. I was beginning to feel ignored.

No hay rosas sin espinas . . .

Bubba

Nov 6, 2004, 9:19 AM

Post #5 of 17 (1179 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NEOhio] Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
NE:

It is neither San Francisco nor San Diego "warm". You simply cannot compare the climate moderated by the cold Pacific Ocean with the climate moderated by altitude in the Tropics.As an ex-resident of both San Francisco and San Diego and a fan of the climate in both places, I can assure you I would never trade this climate (Ajijic) for those climates. The cold Pacific currents compensate for the sea level altitude in those places but highland tropics cannot be equaled on this planet.

If I had to choose a California climate to compare with Lake Chapala, it would be Metropolitan Oakland.

NEOhio

Nov 6, 2004, 9:30 AM

Post #6 of 17 (1176 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Weather in Late November

|
Just needed to know how heavy a sweater to pack. Looking forward to seeing you all somewhere in the area over Thanksgiving week.

Howard Botz

Nov 6, 2004, 1:04 PM

Post #7 of 17 (1150 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
At my house in Ajijic it got down to 56 degrees last night, and right now at 3 PM it is 69 degrees (the sensor is in my carport in the shade).
Howard

NickP

Nov 6, 2004, 6:45 PM

Post #8 of 17 (1109 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Howard Botz] Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
The forecast I've read states it will be chili tonight and hot tamale.

Remember.......
A bad day down there is still better then a good day NoB.

Kip

Nov 6, 2004, 7:47 PM

Post #9 of 17 (1100 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I wonder if Customs is going to give you a problem with a suitcase full of Barbies?
kip

NEOhio

Nov 6, 2004, 8:01 PM

Post #10 of 17 (1097 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] Weather in Late November

|
Kip, I really don't know. I am hoping that they pass muster in the airport here and don't get looked at again. If they do, they are used --- wait a minute I offered to take them because when you were asked to you had already committed to a ton of stuff----so, I suppose a little white lie about a couple of granddaughters leaving them behind at my house might work. I am sure they'll be okay.

I am more worried about the rutabagas and acorn squash - those are hard to hide.

And I am still trying to get a line on the availability of rutabagas but I have two weeks left so off to the wholesale markets I go.

I'll try anything once, a some things twice.

Kip

Nov 6, 2004, 8:07 PM

Post #11 of 17 (1092 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I'd forgotten that you were flying. I don't think that the people on this end care about any of it as long at you can't shoot, stab or blow something up with it. The other end is a whole different deal. The vegetables are a definite problem. If you get the green light of course your'e home free.
kip

Georgia

Nov 8, 2004, 2:37 PM

Post #12 of 17 (982 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Actually, we haven't encountered any problem bringing limited amounts of produce into the country .... for a while they were kind of torqued about meat products.

Kip

Nov 8, 2004, 2:47 PM

Post #13 of 17 (975 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
That's good to know Georgia. All of this time we thought we couldn't take produce over. So it's just coming back then?

Kip
kip

Georgia

Nov 8, 2004, 3:17 PM

Post #14 of 17 (970 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
Oh, yeah! They are absolutely rabid on the American side about produce. Whereas, coming into Mexico if you have an amount appropriate to personal consumption, they don't sweem to care. I always declare it.

NEOhio

Nov 8, 2004, 4:13 PM

Post #15 of 17 (961 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Weather in Late November

|
Georgia, good to know. Thanks.

Now to find rutabagas, still on a hunt in Cleveland, lets hope the farmer's market Weds AM has some, or at least knows where to get a few. I wonder how many rutabagas you should bring to someone who hasn't had them in a while. Frankly, Kip, I've heard of them, but never seen one cooked, at least not that I know of, haven't a clue what you do to them.

Anita

esperanza

Nov 8, 2004, 4:35 PM

Post #16 of 17 (954 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I always peel them, slice or dice them, and boil them till they're done. Then I mash them like potatoes, with plenty of butter, salt, pepper, and hot cream or milk.

Bring enough to make mashed rutabagas for as many guests as there will be at table.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

tonyburton

Nov 8, 2004, 5:42 PM

Post #17 of 17 (946 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Weather in Late November

| Private Reply
Enough! We have wandered far far away from the "weather in Late November"! [And all this talk of food is making me feel hungry] Please feel free to start a new thread, whenever the subject of the posts changes; that way readers have a better chance of finding things afterwards. Thanks!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4