Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

PDW

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3217 views)

Shortcut

Italian Restaurants

Can't Post |
I can think of four at Lakeside. Diana's in San Antonio. Mario's. The one in the Hotel in downtown Ajijic and the new one in Rabieras (sp). Has the new one moved ? I head they were looking at Los Suisos (sp again) as a new location. Any news ? Any reviews ? Am I missing any ??

Bill

Post #2 of 5 (3213 views)

Shortcut

Italian Restaurants

Can't Post |
The Italo Hotel is pretty good but only for dinner. Thatīs when the best staff is on shift. Itīs right by the plaza on Calle Guadalupe. There have been gripes about the old man being grumpy but heīs a lump of sugar. Thereīs a family atmosphere and the old man plays dominos every night, and I mean every night, with a retired priest, who is an added addition. The service is excellent.

Judy King

Post #3 of 5 (3213 views)

Shortcut

Italian Restaurants

Can't Post |
There is Borsalinos on 16 de Septiembre and Colon (almost), they are open limited hours right now during the summer, were closed for vacation but back open<p>While I am not a huge fan or Marios or of Italo's, (Although he is a nice guy, I have had two very good meals at the new place on the Highway in Riberas. (They were good enough for me to recommend the place to Lorraine Russo the 100% Italian chef at La Nueva Posada, and that takes courage--she is easily pleased, until it comes to Italian, and then it better be good.<p>They tell us they will be moving to the Art Gallery on the west side of Rio Zula (better known as "the Billy Moon street" in western Ajijic.<p>

RB

Post #4 of 5 (3210 views)

Shortcut

Italian Restaurants

Can't Post |
There is supposed to be a small, authentic Italian restaurant opening soon on the same street where Michael Merryman has his satellite business (Las Flores?) in West Ajijic. Yes, she's really Italian, and if she does open, the food should be excellent.<p>I also heard the former site of Los Suizos will become yet another Italian restaurant. With Toscana moving to the former gallery on Rio Zula, we soon should have a good choice of Italian eateries.

Peggy

Post #5 of 5 (3208 views)

Shortcut

Sadly Diana's has closed and will become a dress shop.

Can't Post |
nfm

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4