Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Oct 21, 2004, 12:17 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1532 views)

Shortcut

Ajijic -- A Real Newbie Prospect

Can't Post | Private Reply
Greetings from Colorado Springs! I'm in the beginning stages of planning my 'escape'. This board has been a delight to me - answering so many of the questions that I had. I will be making a trip in the area in the near future - however, thought I would pose a question as to timing. When do the 'seasonal renters' leave the area? What is considered your rainy season. Thank you in advance.

mkdutch

Oct 22, 2004, 6:27 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1420 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Linda in the Mtns] Ajijic -- A Real Newbie Prospect

From what I've been told, the snowbirds start heading north in March, with most gone by mid-May. The Rainy Season is usually said to be from mid-June to mid October - but sometimes Nature moves it a month either way........Dutch

Oct 22, 2004, 6:34 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1416 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mkdutch] Ajijic -- A Real Newbie Prospect

Thank you Dutch! Kind of you to answer. Do you reside in Mexico?

RIONSDAD

Oct 23, 2004, 4:10 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1370 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Linda in the Mtns] Ajijic -- A Real Newbie Prospect

I'm sure you've seen pictures of the Ajijic/Chapala area, and know there are no Garden of The Gods, Pike's Peak w/ cog railway, and Cowboy Hall of fame, here..But, the climate, people , and cost of living are quite different..Growth is occuring, Lake Chapala is stabilizing, ( but it's not like you see in the States as far as recreational), ... ....My advise is three words, Flexibility, Change, and Research............These need to be in your vocabulary and way of life,,,If they are , come on down for VISITS, at different times of the year...April/May for the HOT months, June /Oct for the nightly rains, Oct/April for the Northern visitors..Lots of Ontario cars already, since their Thanksgiving is over,...I'd move here again, but have seen a few who changed their minds, because they didn't do enough preparation and fact finding,,,Good luck

Oct 23, 2004, 7:02 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1354 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RIONSDAD] Ajijic -- A Real Newbie Prospect

Thank you very much for your candor. Yes, I've been researching areas - not just Ajijic, however, the Ajijic area seems possibly to be closest to my personal wants/needs. I am intending visits in approx time frames you have mentioned - though I had planned two visits. Have been fortunate to have traveled through Mexico and Baja over many years, and throughout a good portion of the world as well. I feel I am flexible, very adaptable to change, and research is in my blood --- I just won't spend years doing the research. Have been in Colo Spgs for the past 4 yrs, previously Central Coast of CA. I'm comfortable in 'thinking' the weather in Ajijic region is closer to what I lived with for about 17 yrs. Colo is lovely but I have no desire to stay in such a diverse climate. While changes of season are beautiful I prefer rain to snow. Lived in Germany and now consider rain liquid sunshine. The 90-100 degree summer heat here is offset by air condiitioning - but I'd rather not. Again, thank you so very much for taking the time to post, I appreciate your opinion.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4