Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Bill H.

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 22 (2808 views)

Shortcut

Is anyone else...

Can't Post |
having a problem with Laguna e-mail? For the last two days we have been unable to send or receive any mail because the sever refuses to accept our password. Since we are on wireless there should be no problem, but a friend on dial up says she has had the same difficulty for the last couple of days. What has Rod done now???

Jean

Post #2 of 22 (2802 views)

Shortcut

Laguna Update Below&; Comment On The Above

Can't Post |
So from what I gather, Rod worked from 9:00 a.m. Friday morning until 2:20 a.m. Saturday morning fixing a problem. He is also back there now manually entering everyone's details so they can be back up an running. <p>And how many will pubically thank him for doing this and for not taking a Mexican "mananna" attitude. Rod does not normally work on Saturday or Sunday.<p>People are quick to complain but long on saying thanks.<p>I get better service here than I ever got in the old country.<p>I get better tech support than I ever got back in the old country.<p>I have had fewer lapses in service than I ever had back in the old country.<p>Here is a sample of what Rod puts up with:<p>A man came in one day yelling at Rod about his email. He could not get any email. Rod sat with him and looked at his computer settings in Outlook Express. The man yelled at him again and said.."I don't use that, I use Hotmail" <p>Then the person above writes:<p>" Since we are on wireless there should be no problem, but a friend on dial up says she has had the same difficulty for the last couple of days."<p>Wireless or dialup, we all use the same mail server, so why would you figure there should be no problem for wireless customers?<p>My wireless has been down for a couple of days. Because of rain Rod can not come out to fix it. He set me up with a dialup account until it is fixed. I called him yesterday and he told me about the mail server problem and how right now that had to be his first priority. I agreed, said fine, when you can get here is ok. <p>So folks, he is putting you first and from what I can tell working his ass off to fix the problem.<p>And how many of you will thank him?

Bill H.

Post #3 of 22 (2801 views)

Shortcut

Laguna Update Below&;; Comment On The Above

Can't Post |
I don't know why you are getting so worked up Jean. All I did was ask a simple question. I also notice that you didn't leave your address. With e-mail down, there is no other way to communicate with others in the area except this board. You have not seen me complain here about anything. On the other hand, I have seen you criticizing several things through several of your many aliases...always without a return address. Yes, I do thank Rod for his efforts whenever I see him, and have never even asked what was wrong until it has gone on for more than 24 hours. I have always treated him with courtesy and received same. Just get over it, let Rod take care of himself, and take your snit somewhere else.

Mr.Bill

Post #4 of 22 (2803 views)

Shortcut

LAGUNA E/MAIL UPATE AS OF Sat 2:05p.m.

Can't Post |
Rod has asked me to post this message......
There's still a few people out there who cannot
receive in e/mail. If you are still NOT RECEIVING
your mail please e/mail rodc@laguna.com.mx ASAP
with your PASSWORD.

Jean

Post #5 of 22 (2802 views)

Shortcut

For Bill

Can't Post |
I was not referring to you complaining. I was referring to others who seem to make a career out of it. That is what gets me into a snit and I think rightly so. I know that you and Neva appreciate the service we get from Rod as much as I do. As for posting under different names...how would you even know? All wireless customers here have the same IP address. I can tell from your IP address and many others who is on wireless and who is not.<p>I do not give an email address because I got tired of all the spam lists I ended up on because marketers out there were harvesting email addresses.<p>All I was trying to point out was that Rod gets little thanks for the great job he does and that people are so fast to criticize and so slow to praise. <p>I also tried to point out some of the absolutely outrageous things that people blame Rod for. I mean come on...their Hotmail is down so it's Rod's fault. I nearly ROFL about that one when told. Ya gotta admit that one is really funny. :)

Mr.Bill

Post #6 of 22 (2801 views)

Shortcut

Is anyone else...

Can't Post |
On Friday at around 1:30p.m. Lagunanet had a software problem with the e/mail server.
As some of you were able to continue without a problem
with your e/mail, others weren't so lucky.
I assure you that Rod and Marisol have been working on this since it went down. The problem was then fixed this morning at 2:20a.m. Now it's just a matter
of manually entering all affected cleints back into the e/mail sever.
So please refrain from calling as it's a very time consuming process.

Bill H.

Post #7 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Is anyone else...

Can't Post |
Thank you for the input. I just checked at 12:20 PM, and found that we are now back on line. Now all I have to do is sort through the e-mails. Gracias!

John in Ajijic

Post #8 of 22 (2803 views)

Shortcut

Yes, Lagunanet E-mail Problem

Can't Post |
I experienced the same problem, but only form mid-morning onwards yesterday, Friday July 12. But all seems well now, except that I suspect that I have a lot of lost or delayed incoming mail.

John in Ajijic

Post #9 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

I Have Lagunanet Dial Up (NFMSG)

Can't Post |
NFMSG

Bill H.

Post #10 of 22 (2802 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |

John, are you on dial up or wireless?

RickS

Post #11 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Is anyone else...

Can't Post |
So, Bill, how am I supposed to get my daily updates from Lakeside and humor infusion if'n Rod won't provide you with reliable email service?!?<p>Due to my past dealings with Rod I know that this is just a rhetorical question, but I'll ask it anyway: "Have you asked Rod what's going on"? <p>Good Luck.

RickS

Post #12 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
My email to Bill H, posted a few moments ago, bounced back as undeliverable within 1 minute. <p>Hang in there, Bill..... or sic N. on 'him'!<p>

Johnny

Post #13 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Is anyone else...

Can't Post |
Open a Hotmail email account, it's free

Uncle Jack

Post #14 of 22 (2802 views)

Shortcut

Mine works

Can't Post |
0839 MST here in Arizona. I just emailed myself from Mexconnect to my local email address and everything worked and was completed in about 10 seconds.

Bill H.

Post #15 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Mine works

Can't Post |
I think everything works except Laguna, Uncle Jack. It's just one of those things.

Bill H.

Post #16 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Mine Works Also-Small Problem Yesterday

Can't Post |
Sorry, Jean, but as of 11:09 AM mine still doesn't work. I've tried to call Rod and only get a busy signal on BOTH lines!

Jean

Post #17 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Yesterday about 3 p.m. the mail server crashed. Rod backed up everything, and then starting working on the server. The mail was back online around 6:30p.m. I called Rod to tell him there was a problem, he said he knew and was working on it.<p>This morning about 6 a.m. I had a mail server problem. I knew that probably the server needed to be rebooted and I know that Rod checks the service every morning when he gets up. I knew he would see the problem, reboot from home (which he did) and then everything was fine.<p>Whenever there is a problem I let Rod know and it is usually fixed as soon as possible. <p>Weekend breakdowns can be more difficult as it may require a part from Guad. and if no one is open then there is no part till Monday.<p>I have had better service here than I ever did back in the old country. I remember the good old days of phoning @home and having to wait 45minutes to an hour in phone queue hell while I was constantly told how valuable I was and to just hold on. <p>

Bill H.

Post #18 of 22 (2801 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I too, agree with that portion of Jean's note. And you are so very correct about the dial up problems in Texas when you live in the boonies. I remember when you had that little 6 week problem.

RickS

Post #19 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Jean has a point. I, too, had @Home and am full aware of those 45 minute waits, all the time being told by a wonderfully calming voice how 'important I was to them'. I quess I was not important enough, because they are "no longer".<p>An even bigger horror story is what I went through with my QWest/MSN DSL line earlier this year. The short version is that I was without service for SIX WEEKS!!! while they dropped the ball, blamed by in-house wiring, pointed fingers at each other, refused to listed to my requests/suggestion that they replace our remote neighborhood circuit board (which was in the end the solution!) and generally did not provide anywhere close to a customer service-centric persona. <p>So, Bill, as you remember from your time in the woods of the Lone Star state, sh-- happens everywhere!<p>

Rod Collins

Post #20 of 22 (2804 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Dear Lagunanet Clients as many of you know we had mail difficulties as of Friday afternoon, for the past 5 years we have been using a wonderfully stable program for our e-mail server and in January we had to migrate from an Windows NT platform to
a Linux Platform running the same software which was supposed to work just as well but we have battled with the software for 6 months and all I had was infuriating results. <p>Finally Friday the software literally ceased and vanished all the library files allthough we do
backup or servers daily there was a flaw in the mail server software that would not allow
us to retrieve all the library files therefore we lost around 18% of our data.<p>We have now installed a new Operating system and are running a commercial version of sendmail.
We still however have things that need to be rebuilt.<p>The mail server is running very very well now all though if you still experience problems
please e-mail even if you cant receive mail you should be able to send mail so please e-mail me
the web site to access your mail has changed the new address is https://mail.laguna.com.mx:8000
please note the addition of the https as it is now a secured server.<p>In the next week we will add virus scanning software to the server and an enhanced
graphic interface for checking mail as the one in place now is only temporary.<p>These changes and additions will not affect service in any way but on the other hand
only improve service.<p>I do deeply apologize for the downtime as I know how important e-mail is to all of
you but that is one thing I have allways boasted about our service is our solid e-mail stability
I feel now that with these changes all should work very well from here on out.<p>Best Regards<p>Rod <p>

Bill

Post #21 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Ive called Lagunet twice when things went wrong and they were honest about any problems they were having. At least the young lady answering the phone both times was. Maybe someone should call and ask about the e-mail situation.

Bill H.

Post #22 of 22 (2800 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Thanks for the update Rod. I assumed that the problem was severe, but I didn't know if it was just me or everybody. Sorry the Linux didn't work for you.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4