Can't Post |
Are there many problems there with Turista?? How do you avoid the problems

Alice from Minnesota

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3074 views)

Shortcut

Turista problems?

Can't Post |
Wash your hands. Use that handy gel stuff. We use food grade alcohol in little spray bottles. (Ours dates from prohibition days.) Or use Vodka. (Check Dr. Clark on the web. CURE FOR ALL,etc.) Take at least 500mg vit C each day. 2x/day is better. (Ester C is the best; it is more readily absorbed.) Echinacea helps strengthen your imune system unless you have type O blood. Always have a remedy handy and use it as soon as any symptoms appear. Best foods for anyone with diarrhea of any kind is raw apple, (it's the pectin;) and yogurt. Boston Children's Hospital found yogurt better than antibiotics. Must have live cultures; stay away from the stuff with gelatin/sugar. Raw, chopped apple even suitable for very small children. (Deceased but very knowledgeable pediatrition from WI; he was a feeding expert.) Rice/potato/pears not too bad either. Bananas work for some--very ripe. Pectin again. When my puppies had D I gave them all pectin and metamucil; yes M is a normalizer, not a lazative. This is probably more than you ever wanted to know but I have accumilated this info over many years of raising 5 children, puppies, kittens. I even suggest you print and file. Any more ideas, anyone?? I had lots of D and IBS, (irritable bowel syndrome,) until I started with the Blood Type Diet. (dadamo.com.) PS We are coming in Oct. Sold the house.

Joan Humphries

Post #3 of 4 (3073 views)

Shortcut

Turista problems?

Can't Post |
: When my daughter was a baby, our Mexican pediatrician told us to go home and cook apples--not buy canned and feed her apple sauce--just cooked apples, no sugar or anything else. He also said no formula (she was adopted) and cook the rice (brown) and put the rice water in her bottles instead of formula. She did fine within a day, and she had had pretty sever diarrhrea!

holabird

Post #4 of 4 (3072 views)

Shortcut

Turista problems?

Can't Post |
lots of good advice on turista at:
http://www.cdc.gov/travel/diseases.htm#diarrhea<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4