Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Christine

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2347 views)

Shortcut

Asking for medical advice

Can't Post |
My husband and I are trying to line up medical services. We are looking into the Mascaras Clinic. We´ve gotten good and not so good reports, and I am just asking for opinions and facts anyone has to offer on the Mascaras Clinic. Is it good, bad, so so, or what? I am particularly in need of a OB/GYN. Any comments on IMSS would also be appreciated.<p>Thanks folks. Any private advice can be e-mailed to me. I don´t want to put anyone on the spot of saying something that would cause problems. Thank you.
Chris M.
chapalares@hotmail.com

T.T.

Post #2 of 5 (2343 views)

Shortcut

heart doctors?

Can't Post |
Are there any heart doctors in the area? We're thinking of retiring in Lake Chapala and my husband is a diabetic and has heart problems. Also, do any American physicians come to the area?

LJ

Post #3 of 5 (2341 views)

Shortcut

Asking for medical advice

Can't Post |
Best OBGYN around (IMHO) is in Guad, Maria Merced Ayala. She delivered my son and is excellent. She understands English perfectly, and speaks it very well although she claims she doesn't speak all that well, also speaks fluent French.<p>If interested, I will get her phone # and address info for you (have it in a safe right now with all my son's legal documentation).

christine

Post #4 of 5 (2341 views)

Shortcut

To LJ Asking for medical advice

Can't Post |
Yes, mam I would like the doctor´s address and number and I thank you for the reference. Christine

LJ

Post #5 of 5 (2342 views)

Shortcut

The Best Doc

Can't Post |
Of course I'm biased, but I am also very particular about doctors, so here's my suggestion for an OBGYN<p>Dra. Maria del la Merced Ayala
General Coronado No. 24 CP 44160
Guadalajara
tel: 825-10-34<p>please note that this information is from 2000 and was before any changes to the telephone numbers. Also, I understand she's gotten married. Try contacting her, she is absolutely wonderful. And while I do speak Spanish, she does understand English ... I know this because as would be expected, during the time surrounding my son's birth I pretty much lost the ability to speak English, let alone remember Spanish, ha ha.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4