Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Don

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2688 views)

Shortcut

irs &; Retirement in Ajijic area

Can't Post |
Does the IRS mes with you in Ajijic like they do in US.
Don

Judy King

Post #2 of 9 (2683 views)

Shortcut

IRS Stories

Can't Post |
Well now Boys and Girls, when this story was told to me by the man involved he PROMISED it was true. I can't guarantee that, but. . .it's fun anyway.<p>There was this nice man who lived a wonderful life in a city in Colorado where he developed a whole bunch of service type companies, and he even advertised them on the back cover of the phone book. The business gods smiled on him, andbecause this story takes place several years ago, he did NOT take his kingdom public so didn't have to worry about the stock market.<p>Well, when the nice man decided to move to mexico he ups and writes a letter to our friends at IRS and sez, basically, Dear Irs, I am out of here, my money is out of here, if you want more, come get it.<p>So far he hasn't heard from them again--and he's been here longer than I.<p>Then there was the pretty lady. She used to be an actress in the movies, on the radio and on a tv programs that had Wally and the Beaver. She came here many years ago and when she got a letter from the IRS, they wanted her to send her address and exact directions on how to get to her house. So she wrote back to them to fly to the Guadalajara airport, take a cab to Chapala, then have the cab continue to the corner by Sr. Juan's house. At that corner, he should turn left and keep going until he comes to the tree with the plow leaning up on it, and turn right. Keep going right to the field where the cows graze in the mornings, and turn nad go a while, and then ask someone for the rest.<p>She hasn't had more mail either. <p>And that is a good thing.<p>

LUCY

Post #3 of 9 (2684 views)

Shortcut

irs &;; Retirement in Ajijic area / Careful

Can't Post |
I understand they have undercover agents in all cities in Mexico. Many small villages too. They take pictures of you and check your credit card bills. Your mail too. They can check your phone bills. I have heard stories about them planting secret cameras and bugging devices. G-D help you if you don't pay. When they build a good case, you will be lured back to the states to shop for the things you miss most. Then they will arrest you and that is that.. Be careful.. they are everywhere. <p>Have you heard about the space travelers? Same M.O. 8-)

spirt

Post #4 of 9 (2683 views)

Shortcut

Careful when LUCY signs in with all CAPS

Can't Post |
you know it's gonna be a doozer. this was actually a fun one.

W. Wolf

Post #5 of 9 (2683 views)

Shortcut

What gives?

Can't Post |
What gives, girl? The full moon is still a week and half away.

Rolly

Post #6 of 9 (2683 views)

Shortcut

irs &;; Retirement in Ajijic area

Can't Post |
No matter where you are in the world, if you have income, the IRS is interested in hearing from you each April.

Bob Story

Post #7 of 9 (2682 views)

Shortcut

Yes, nmsg

Can't Post |
yes

DON

Post #8 of 9 (2682 views)

Shortcut

Yes, nmsg

Can't Post |
HI BOB ARE YOU A X IRS AGENT?

Bob Story

Post #9 of 9 (2682 views)

Shortcut

Yes, nmsg

Can't Post |
No, I'm not an ex-IRS agent, just a taxpayer who cashed in our retirement plan to make a down payment on our home here in
Mexico and then got a registered letter from the IRS informing us that we owed about $10,000 in income taxes that we are
now paying over a 10 year period. This extended payment plan was recomended by our Mexican Tax Lawyer to avoid any
problems with Article 33 of the Mexican Immigration Laws which stipulates that if a foreigner does not pay his just debts he/she
can be deported.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4