Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

lls138

Sep 10, 2004, 7:53 AM

Post #1 of 3 (6552 views)

Shortcut

San Diego Area Daily Border Crossing for Work

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am loooking at new job possibilities in the San Diego area and my fiancee is a mexican national in the US. Anyone have any info/experience about living in the US and then having one person work in US and the other doing daily border crossing. She would like to work in Mexico. I am curious about convenience to cross, delays and traffic, potential legal issues for her-she has legal US staus. Thanks
Lance

Brian

Sep 10, 2004, 6:21 PM

Post #2 of 3 (6503 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lls138] San Diego Area Daily Border Crossing for Work

I used to live in Tijuana and worked for the San Diego Padres baseball team. Irrespective of which side of the border you will live and work on, my best advice is that you and she both go to the immigration office and apply for a Sentri Pass which will speed the time necessary to cross the border dramatically. Good luck.

Brian

(This post was edited by Brian on Sep 10, 2004, 6:22 PM)

Caarina12

Sep 11, 2004, 10:20 PM

Post #3 of 3 (6454 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lls138] San Diego Area Daily Border Crossing for Work

I currently live in the San Diego area, and my husband is from Baja, so we've looked into this living arrangement. For us, we decided against it, because even with the SENTRI pass for me, my commute would have been a nightmare. (I work in North County.) However, look for employment in Chula Vista/San Ysidro and definately get a SENTRI pass. I know people who have SENTRI passes, and it does speed things up, but I am told that there is still a wait during rush hour M-F.

Good luck

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4