Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Antonio M.

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1440 views)

Shortcut

Lake Chapala Society policy?

Can't Post |
A few days ago I was in Ajijic visiting a relative who lives there and he told me about LCS, and that they have a bulletin board where you can post notices or advertise something that you have for sale, etc. So I went there and I was putting a piece of paper with my ad in the bulletin board, when this gray haired men wearing glasses approached me and asked me in a rather rude way what was I doing. I told him that I wanted to post an ad in their board and he asked me if I was a "member", when I said no, he told me it was for "members" only, and that I was not allowed to be in the premises either, because I was not a "member". I was shocked to hear that, I had another impression of LCS.

Gary Anderson

Post #2 of 7 (1436 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I haven't joined the LCS yet but will after I move Lakeside later this year. I've been on the premises many times, however, checking the bulletin boards and inquiring at the newcomer's desk for information, and have never been treated with anything other than complete courtesy. As Uncle Jack said, I guess you just had the bad luck to hit it on the day someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Skip in Ajijic

Post #3 of 7 (1434 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Hello Antonio, I'm am sorry you had a bad trip to LCS. If you come in while I'm working I will try to make it up to you. Nonmembers are welcome on the grounds from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm every day but Sunday. (how else would one become a member?) If you are here for a short time you are welcome to come in and enjoy the grounds and who knows one day you may move down and join. I work on Tue. and Sat. If anyone has a problem while I'm on duty Please come see me. I'll be at the service desk. Sometimes other member take it upon themselves to do things that shouldn't be done. By the way nonmembers may post things on the board that members maybe interested in. ( enough said ) Antonio Hoping your still here and looking foward to meeting you. Skip

Antonio M.

Post #4 of 7 (1434 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Thanks for your kind response Skip. Next time I go to Ajijic I'll ask for you at LCS.

Uncle Jack

Post #5 of 7 (1439 views)

Shortcut

It all depends

Can't Post |
I think that Iit all depends on who is working that day. The first time I walked in in April, to inquire about our membership cards, I met two gentlemen who could not have been more helpful. We had joined by mail from Arizona and our cards had never been sent. I was welcomed and issued cards in about ten minutes. One of the men took the time to explained many of the services and programs offered by LCS.<p>We were staying next door at The Swan Inn and the next day I stopped by LCS to ask a question about IMSS insurance and the woman at the desk exhibited all of the charm and hospitality of a pit viper. I now know how lawyers, used car salesmen, timeshare hustlers, real estate agents, and tele-marketers feel.<p>I have been back numerous time since and always treated with courtesy.<p>¿Quien Sabé? <p>UJ

W. G. Snuffy Walden

Post #6 of 7 (1434 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
It is there policy that it is for members only, although there was no reason to be rude to you. This has also been my experience with their volunteers. Why they are so rude I don't know but there are also some that are not and are very helpful.<p>All ads posted are supposed to go through the office and be approved and then the office puts them up.<p>I have never heard of a rule that says you can not be on the premises. Many people who are not members go there and proof of membership has never been requested any time I have gone there.<p>Posting at the post office, Superlake and El Torito will get you more exposure as Hank states.

Hank

Post #7 of 7 (1433 views)

Shortcut

I beleive that...

Can't Post |
Soemtimes people feel special.
Next time try Superlake or El Torito, even Cafe Internet Ajijic.<p>Much better exposure if you ask me.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4