Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Fluffy

Sep 4, 2004, 8:01 AM

Post #1 of 8 (6851 views)

Shortcut

new pup

Can't Post | Private Reply
My girls have been offered a 6wk old poodle pup.He got first shot today.We are still planning on being there Thanksgiving week.He should have had all three puppy shots by then but only 4 1/2 months so no rabies.Too little to board I think, so my question is will we have any problems on either side of border?We will have exam from vet and shot record.Thanks,Marian

pathall

Sep 4, 2004, 8:10 AM

Post #2 of 8 (6844 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Fluffy] new pup

You should have no problem either side. Just make sure you have a statement from your vet that he is too young for rabies, along with a statement of good health.
Pat

Uncle Jack

Sep 4, 2004, 8:16 AM

Post #3 of 8 (6842 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pathall] new pup

Bring along a good supply of the dog's regular food and some bottled water. The last thing you need on the trip is a puppy with the poops.

Carron

Sep 4, 2004, 11:02 AM

Post #4 of 8 (6819 views)

Shortcut

Also you can be assured that there are many excellent,caring veterinarians in Mexico, as well as lots of places to buy puppy food.

Fluffy

Sep 4, 2004, 12:46 PM

Post #5 of 8 (6806 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carron] new pup

Thanks to all for the advise.The last time we were in Mexico we had an adult dog( who died @15) but we were concerned over "puppy getting in Mexico and US BORDER Patrol not letting him out..Thought we might have to move sooner that summer04.Thanks again,Marian

titmas

Sep 6, 2004, 7:13 PM

Post #6 of 8 (6715 views)

Shortcut

Does anyone know if it is allowable to bring in 3 dogs when traveling with an FM-3?

Rolly

Sep 6, 2004, 8:06 PM

Post #7 of 8 (6707 views)

Shortcut

Re: [titmas] new pup

I have heard that 3 is the limit, but I don't know that for a fact.

Rolly Pirate

alex .

Sep 7, 2004, 7:00 AM

Post #8 of 8 (6677 views)

Shortcut

The few times that we crossed with "Bonbon" when he was little the only trouble that we had was a concern that we had aquired the pup in Mexico and was bringing him to the US to sell. The Immigration authorities seemed to be more preoccupied with the K-9 than the people. Of course, the papers from the US vet showing the initial shots in the seriesof shots to come worked just fine.
Alex

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4