Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

RickS

Aug 30, 2004, 8:36 PM

Post #1 of 3 (5066 views)

Shortcut

Houston to Merida (Progresso) Ferry?

Can't Post | Private Reply
A few months ago there was some discussion about the potential of a ferry service from Houston to the Yucatan. I think I remember that the man considering it posted a question about the feasibility. Anyway, has anyone heard any more about the potential of such ferry any time 'soon'?

(This post was edited by RickS on Aug 30, 2004, 8:47 PM)

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Aug 30, 2004, 9:47 PM

Post #2 of 3 (5053 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Houston to Merida (Progresso) Ferry?

Some guests of mine last month mentioned, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a ferry from Florida to Veracruz!" Sounds good to me! You would avoid the long drive down, would be able to see some beautiful country, and could even drive west to the dreaded Distrito Federal and other points.
Let's get together, all you eastern Gringos, and come down in your cars by ferry to visit us so we can return the visit north to you guys! I want to take my grandkids to Orlando in a couple of years and wouldn't mind not having to fly(especially on America Worst...I now have a permanent trauma with that airline!).
Also a ferry or ship from Houston would be great.
¡Hasta pronto, amigos!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

RickS

Aug 31, 2004, 10:16 AM

Post #3 of 3 (5040 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Houston to Merida (Progresso) Ferry?

"Mexico Bob" from meridainsider.com responded, regardomg Houston to Progresso, "Still no news of any real value. Discussions continue, but nothing concrete."

RickS

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4