Re: [Bubba] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
"marginal gringos"
"hypocrites"
"phonies"
"fart in the wind"
"shut up"
"go home"

Can't say this new gringo arrival is turned on by the prospect of meeting Bubba. Nasty, nasty. Also, envious IMO. Why else attack persons who care about something.

Texwheel

Aug 26, 2004, 9:57 PM

Post #27 of 45 (5019 views)

Shortcut

Re: [talosian] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
Now Spock you're missing the point. My personality does not match Bubba's either. That's what's so great. I can lean back and read what he has to say and just laugh my ass off (he hasn't offended me lately, so why not.)

Now I am not creative enough to come up with most of his ideas...kind of like I love the movie "Animal House" and wonder how they managed to get all that stuff in one movie...but I LOVE reading what he has to say.

Bubba is harmless. If you are offended, f*** him and be gone. Spend Your time doing something else. I chose to wish I could think up what he does and get away with it! I mean he's got Kippissippi or whatever her name is calling him daddy and they don't even agree on most things. And I think he's married. You and I should study this guy!!

That is what is so great about MexConnect. Buncha smart and some stupid sumbitches havin' mostly fun and helpin' each other with a bunch of questions about gettin' along in a country steeped in paper work regarding expats who only want to mostly live quietly and spend a butt load of money thereby helping Mexico's third-world level economy.

Excuse me if I'm too open tonight...enjoying the last of blubber food and JD's prior to the great big diet starting tomorrow!
Tom Williams
Georgetown, Texas
Texwheel@aol.com

talosian

Aug 26, 2004, 10:15 PM

Post #28 of 45 (5015 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Animals (dogs/cats) are domesticated and have been for a long time. They have come to depend on humans and they can't speak their minds. They give unconditional loyalty, love and often protection. They ask little in return. I can not say the same for many humans. I have had ten plus years of love and happiness from my dog with no negative times other than an occasional "accident." I can not say that I have had that from any human. So I support where I place importance based on my history, you do the same I'm sure. Still, and not that it concerns me, often I can not tell what you truly support other than to bash someone for having/expressing an opinion contrary to that which you hold.

So how about we agree to disagree and I won't waste any more bandwith or your time in making replies to what you say on this subject? Truly, I see too many posts which have no positive purpose, I call them "mental mastrubation" because the person feels good doing it but it really accomplishes nothing of lasting import.

=30=

Spock
"When all logical explanations have failed, we must look to the illogical for the answer.

Texwheel

Aug 26, 2004, 10:27 PM

Post #29 of 45 (5013 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Spock, don't know who/what you're targeting...but "of lasting import?" So your's are and other's aren't? Get off your high horse and just relax and not expect each posting to be the next geat explanation of life.
Tom Williams
Georgetown, Texas
Texwheel@aol.com

talosian

Aug 26, 2004, 10:49 PM

Post #30 of 45 (5010 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Texwheel] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
Good point Tom but I don't think I'm on any "high horse" but do want to do some riding here. I think it would be fun to have a horse for a day and ride it into Chapala and Ajijic, tie it up to a tree and get a cold drink.

Take care.

Spock
"When all logical explanations have failed, we must look to the illogical for the answer.

Texwheel

Aug 26, 2004, 11:16 PM

Post #31 of 45 (5003 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Spock, last time I rode a horse...now here's a Texan talkin'...was on a vacation to Lake City, Colorado too many years ago. We decided on the two hour ride for the "first day", intending to go to one-half day or longer later in the week. Never hatchee! I couldn't walk for three days! But I'll buy you that drink next time I get down thataways. Take care.
Tom Williams
Georgetown, Texas
Texwheel@aol.com

NEOhio

Aug 26, 2004, 11:48 PM

Post #32 of 45 (5003 views)

Shortcut

|
Spock, a good part of the world doesn't feel the way you (and I) do about the animals that populate their daily lives. Those animals are disposable to those societies. My daughter has had her dog with her in AFrica (Burkina FAso) and in now in Jakarta Indonesia. She had a heck of a time finding a housekeeper and houseman/driver who would work for her with a dog in the house, and as part of their daily responsibilities. That is unnatural and completely foreign to them. Not only did they consider the dog unclean and an ANIMAL, they considered it wasteful to feed, walk and pay attention to an ANIMAL. Because that is what it is to them an ANIMAL and it is not embodied with human characteristics.

Sure there are Indonesians who have pets, but it is definitely not the norm. Her worst fear is that someone coming to her house will let the dog out of the walled and gated yard and the dog will disappear - either attacked and killed by the packs that roam the streets, or picked up by a person and taken home and eaten, because it is a clean dog and not a street dog, therefore it is a potential source of food.

She can't wait to get back to DC and take a walk with the dog without people stopping to stare and point at her - it is that unusual.

I am guessing that the marketing of cats and dogs by a gringa was taking focus away from the other vendors with an activity which they don't completely understand her devotion to but would gladly ignore if it weren't under their noses, disruptive to their purpose there, which is to make a living, and by varying accounts somewhat yucky.

gbatrucks

Aug 27, 2004, 9:33 AM

Post #33 of 45 (4958 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Spock (educated)

I understand the C.S. Lewis chair is open at Oxford. The project this term is Alice in Wonderland Redux. I will recommend you.
"The trouble with life is there's no background music."

(This post was edited by gbatrucks on Aug 27, 2004, 11:09 AM)

talosian

Aug 27, 2004, 11:41 AM

Post #34 of 45 (4921 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gbatrucks] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
Too late, Bubba put my name in some time ago (as well as other places).

wendy devlin

Aug 27, 2004, 1:16 PM

Post #35 of 45 (4899 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Well I can't say if there is CS Lewis chair available at Oxford or not...

but with the Alice in Wonderland Redux reference, might not the writer CS Lewis(of Narnia series fame) and Lewis Carroll( of Alice in Wonderland fame) be confused here?

gbatrucks

Aug 27, 2004, 1:22 PM

Post #36 of 45 (4894 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wendy devlin] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
That's the beauty of it. Imagine Alice re-done by the mind of the writer of "Mere Christianity",etc.

Bubba

Aug 27, 2004, 4:44 PM

Post #37 of 45 (4847 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
David:

If this keeps up I demand a retainer.

Donita

Aug 29, 2004, 8:36 PM

Post #38 of 45 (4779 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I am new here but reading about the dog controversy (?) and if there are so many dogs running around (and I always notice them, especially at night when I am in Mexico) why is there not an organization out there providing spaying and neutering so there will not be so many strays? I think that animals is one cause I will take up when I can finally at long last retire in Mexico. I am not sure about your area in Lake Chappala because I love the beach and love Puerto Vallarta. There are certainly many expats in your area and that is an appealing thing and I am getting so much valuable (and otherwise :-) information from reading this site. I have to work a few more years unless I can figure out how to get disability or something, and I cannot wait to retire. But I will come visit that area and see what I think.

Donna
Donita

jimindetroit

Aug 30, 2004, 6:28 AM

Post #39 of 45 (4746 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Donita] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
Hey Bubba!

Sounds like you pushed a lot of hot buttons and pulled a record number of chains. Goin' for the gold?

Come on, folks. Lighten up. You all should know by now that Ol' Bubba enjoys being a curmudgeon and contrarian by daylight, but is really Mr. Rogers and Mother Theresa by night. Hmmmm. Kinda like the veternarian and his dad, the taxidermist, who went into business together. Their motto was: Either way, you get your pet back.

O'l Bubba is one of a kind and never boring. Enjoy it, hate it, but savor it. He's helped as many of us as he's pissed off.

Donita

Aug 30, 2004, 6:34 AM

Post #40 of 45 (4742 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jimindetroit] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
I am not really pissed off, just asking. I am an information gatherer at this point, interested in helping those dogs when I finally get my stuff together to move to Mexico.
I have read enough of Bubba to know he is basically harmless and well intentioned and sounds like he even loves dogs too.
So where should I retire? I am really a beach person so will probably be looking at the Puerto Vallarta area, north of there. Last I was there in June we took a cab out to Sayulita and Bucerias and I have been to La Penita and Rincon de Guayabitos years ago and want to check that out again. I want someplace warm all year round, near the beach and inexpensive, close to good health care and shopping. Don't we all? :-)
Donita

Uncle Jack

Aug 30, 2004, 6:40 AM

Post #41 of 45 (4737 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Donita] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
" I want someplace warm all year round, near the beach and inexpensive, close to good health care and shopping. Don't we all? "

When you find it, for God's sake, let us all know!

uj

Donita

Aug 30, 2004, 6:52 AM

Post #42 of 45 (4731 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Upon the Notion of Dogs and Expatriots in Mexico

| Private Reply
Okay, Jack, I have a few more years to be looking so I will do my research and get back to you all. :-)
Donita

gbatrucks

Aug 30, 2004, 8:18 AM

Post #43 of 45 (4707 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Bubba

I've got a good orthodontist that can help you with a new retainer.

gbatrucks

Aug 30, 2004, 8:28 AM

Post #44 of 45 (4703 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
So this buzzard is boarding a plane, carrying a couple of dead possums, but the stewardess says,
"I'm sorry sir, only one carrion per passenger"

tonyburton

Aug 30, 2004, 8:43 AM

Post #45 of 45 (4689 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Thread has wandered way off topic, so it's being locked.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4