Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

abq

Aug 24, 2004, 3:48 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1344 views)

Shortcut

Garden/Patio Installation

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm looking for a landscaper. Though the space is small, I'll nead some heavy work done. Not just putting in plants. Any suggestions?

Carol Schmidt

Aug 24, 2004, 10:36 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1323 views)

Shortcut

Re: [abq] Garden/Patio Installation

If you've seen a nursery nearby that seems to have a wide variety of plants, pots, and maybe other stuff, you could ask there for a local recommendation. Probably somebody on the staff or his or her uncle could do the work, or the clerk will say they can, but make clear just how extensive it will be and exactly what you will need and by when. Maybe put it in writing, in Spanish, and keep a copy. Then, of course, you may still not have a great experience, but hopefully you will. Hopefully someone on this forum will have a personal recommendation.

I've seen ads for Floriada Garden Center behind the Train Station, floriade@cybermatsa.com.mx, 154-4881, and the ads say they install irrigation systems and do landscape, but I have no idea about them, I'm just reading from an ad in Juarde. If there's a house which has a nice patio near you, or you see work underway which looks good, you might ask who did/is doing the work.

Carol Schmidt

gpk

Aug 25, 2004, 2:04 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1300 views)

Shortcut

Re: [abq] Garden/Patio Installation

Contact the San Miguel Garden Club--not sure of how. There must be a meeting announcement in Atencion or ask at the biblioteca. The members of the club know everything having to do with gardening in SM and someone will probably have a recommendation for you. I would't necessarily trust someone from a vivero--the vivero people tend to never say "no" or "I don't know."

Cynthia7

Aug 25, 2004, 8:49 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1285 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpk] Garden/Patio Installation

I recommend Robert Johnson. He is speaks English and does wonderful work. 152-7630 Tim ? is also wonderful. I don't know his last name but ask around - he's well known.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4