Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

NEOhio

Aug 17, 2004, 7:50 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2557 views)

Shortcut

Sweden reached here....

Can't Post |
Under a different topic post I mentioned that I had pretty much decided to sell a classic vehicle (Caddy Eldo Biarritz Conv, 1963) becuase it was not suitable to bring to Mexico. Given 2 other registered vehicles and the length and lowness of it it is just not practical.

So I threw the "letting it go" out onto the forum, just in case someone was looking - well, lo and behold, someone on here contacted a fellow named Olsson in Sweden!!!! to tell him to contact me. Within hours of my post my daughter took a call from Sweden about the caddy and then an email showed up and now I have sent him pictures, he is looking into overseas shipping costs, and didn't blink an eye at the cost of the car.

Of course husband is a little prickly because although he agreed we should sell it he figured it might take the rest of the nice weather and maybe into next spring to find a ready buyer.

Good heavens, this internet stuff is amazing. Since I have not personally talked with Olsson, I don't know the mexconnect connection however much thanks to whomever gave him the heads up on the car - and just think Cleveland, to Mexconnect, to Sweden....very cool!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4