Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Biggles

Aug 11, 2004, 5:41 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1087 views)

Shortcut

Taxi

Can't Post | Private Reply
Mornin'!

This question has probably been answered a gadzillion times before, but could someone tell me the most reliable way and amount for a taxi from GDL to Ajijic? We'll be heading that way next month and are really excited!

Thanks,

Cheri

Uncle Jack

Aug 11, 2004, 5:43 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1083 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Biggles] Taxi

From downtown or from the airport?

Georgia

Aug 11, 2004, 7:58 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1059 views)

Shortcut

From the airport (GDL) it's about $25.00. Buy a ticket at the kiosk located all the way to the left as you exit customs and immigration - it's the last booth on the inside of the terminal. (Used to be outside, that's why I stress it.) Taxis are lined up and waiting, but you must pay at the kiosk. The driver then turns in his ticket at the taxi control booth as you exit. The fares are fixed for different locations. Tell the kiosk operator where you want to go, and he will tell you the fare.

Bubba

Aug 11, 2004, 8:31 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1052 views)

Shortcut

From the central bus station in Tonala expect to pay $300 Pesos mas o menos.

Howard Botz

Aug 11, 2004, 8:37 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1050 views)

Shortcut

The cost 3 weeks ago was $230 from the airport to Ajijic (I paid $270 from Ajijic to the airport).

Howard

johanson

Aug 11, 2004, 9:14 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1045 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Howard Botz] Taxi

At one time there were two rates, one for late at night and one which was lower, during the day for transportation to and from the airport. I think they still follow that practice.

NickP

Aug 11, 2004, 11:52 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1024 views)

Shortcut

If this is your first time to Ajijic and lakeside you might also want to have someone get you a detailed route in Spanish of where your staying for the taxi driver to follow. Chances are it will the drivers first time to Lakeside as well.

Just ask where your staying at in Ajijic to email it to you.

Biggles

Aug 11, 2004, 6:58 PM

Post #8 of 8 (967 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Taxi

Thanks to all of you for such quick answers! We're coming from the airport, so I'll take Georgia's advice and be sure to get the ticket.

I really love this website because everyone is so helpful.

Cheri

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4