Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

zoeq

Aug 10, 2004, 11:29 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1259 views)

Shortcut

swimming pools in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi, I'm wondering about caring for a swimming pool in Mexico. Since the water isn't the best, does anyone have any information or a referral to someone who know about this? I'm in the Queretaro area. Thanks

alex .

Aug 10, 2004, 1:09 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1241 views)

Shortcut

Re: [zoeq] its two parts hydrogen

to one part oxygen, just like everywhere else.
Alex

Bubba

Aug 10, 2004, 9:16 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1193 views)

Shortcut

Re: [zoeq] swimming pools in Mexico

Since the water isn't the best? Near Queretaro - one of Mexico's most attractive, prosperous and modern cities with a population of around 1,000,000 people? Where do you live in the Queretaro area, somebody's cornfield?

(This post was edited by Bubba on Aug 10, 2004, 9:17 PM)

johanson

Aug 10, 2004, 9:33 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1188 views)

Shortcut

Sorry we are all picking on you. I'm sure you now have the idea, that water from your town will work just fine in your pool. As you have probably figured out there are many pools in your home town.

zoeq

Aug 11, 2004, 9:18 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1113 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] swimming pools in Mexico

I didnīt know this would be such a controversial topic. I do have the idea.

Bubba

Aug 12, 2004, 12:07 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1063 views)

Shortcut

Zoeq:

Sorry if the responses sounded snotty. I am the guilty party. Unfortunately, when I read you post I had just been watching the Jay Leno Show and he had as his guest the actor and comedian Damon Wayans who had just returned from a vacation in Mexico. Quasi-Mexico to be correct as he had spent his vacation in Cabo San Lucas which is as Mexican as San Diego. He had the audience in stitches ranting on about his total fear of the water in Cabo and how he stayed in his room in this luxurious hotel and drank nothing but canned soft drinks which he carefully washed (in water?) before opening and worked out on the hotel premises because he was petrified to go out into the real Mexico and how, on his last day he got up his nerve and ate a shrimp cocktail and, after consuming the first shrimp immediately got sick and had the runs for days and how you would never catch him in Mexico again, etc, etc. ad nauseum.

Funny stuff, no?

Mr. Wayans is an African American whose people have suffered greatly from the ignorance of others yet he can't see that perpetuating these racial stereoptypes against Mexicans is every bit as repugnant as my relating my vacation to Alabama where I learned to tap dance to "Camptown Ladies" while eating chitterlings with cornpone and rotgut moonshine. This affront is exacerbated by the fact that he was in Cabo which the rich Gringos and Mexicans have appropriated from the locals for their sybaritic pleasures while the Mexican laborers who work to support the infrastructure of their exclusionary compounds live in distant tarpaper shacks because the Mexican government has not seen fit to force developers to provide decent housing for workers.

What's more, the civil authorities and hotel managements in Cabo long ago designed their water delivery systems to provide excellent potable water for their guests.

Sometimes, Bubba gets worked up about these things. Perhaps because I grew up in the Deep South which, when I was a boy, was a region subject to intense and unfair ridicule because of its poverty. I know you didn't mean harm by your question. My response was not aimed at you but at cheap shot comedians such as Mr. Wayans making fun of those less fortunate than himself. It was a legitimate question.

By the way, I've lived in Highland Mexico (similar to Queretaro) for three years in a house with a swimming pool. The climate here is so moderate and comfortable that we hardly ever use it, especially since it costs an arm and a leg to heat with propane. Unless you have the space to install solar, I would advise against building a pool. In my view, it's not worth it.

(This post was edited by Bubba on Aug 12, 2004, 12:10 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4