Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

abq

Jul 30, 2004, 12:36 PM

Post #1 of 15 (5484 views)

Shortcut

Looking For An Easy fm3?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I just got mine in Albuquerque, New mexico. I dropped off the deed to my Mexico house, passport and two passport photos to the Mexican Consulate here. I didn't have three months bank statements so I gave them a checking account statement showing a $48,000 balance.

I came back two days later and the FM3 was ready. Actually, when I arrived the nice young man at the counter said he had put everything in the mail. When he saw my extremly disapointed expression (I leave Monday), he stuck out his tongue and laughed. Then he brought me my documents.

Though they asked for my current address, no one asked how long I lived there. My guess is the address of the Motel 6 would do.

BTW, I'm not nearly of retirement age. If your state is picky about that detail, you may want to apply here.

Lavanda

Aug 1, 2004, 11:20 AM

Post #2 of 15 (5408 views)

Shortcut

Re: r An Easy fm3?

Can't Post |
Another location I know of, where a frrmr mexconnect member obtained hers & hubby's is the consulate in Wisconsin.

They, also, were very prompt, and sent everything back thru the mail.

!! Viva Mexico, warts and all !!!

jennifer rose

Aug 1, 2004, 11:31 AM

Post #3 of 15 (5404 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Lavanda] r An Easy fm3?

Can't Post |
Interesante. Except that there is no Mexican Consulate in Wisconsin.

FeelinGroovy

Aug 1, 2004, 1:13 PM

Post #4 of 15 (5387 views)

Shortcut

Re: [abq] Looking For An Easy fm3?

I had a very similar experience in Sacramento, CA. Painless. They have a website and I sent them some questions via email which were answered promptly and correctly. Then I just showed up with my papers and came back a couple days latter and picked up my FM3. I wish Wells Fargo Bank were as easy to deal with.
Libby

Uncle Jack

Aug 1, 2004, 1:26 PM

Post #5 of 15 (5386 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Libby] Looking For An Easy fm3?

Libby;

You mention Wells Fargo. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my spare ATM card had expired. I called them at their toll free number and requested a new one. It was delivered to my door in Villa Nova via DHL six days later.

uj

Lavanda

Aug 1, 2004, 1:43 PM

Post #6 of 15 (5383 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] r An Easy fm3?

Can't Post |
Well, then it must have been in minneapolis/st paul. I know it was less than a half-day auto trip to get there.

jennifer rose

Aug 1, 2004, 2:04 PM

Post #7 of 15 (5374 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
There is no Mexican Consulate in Minnesota.

Lavanda

Aug 1, 2004, 2:24 PM

Post #8 of 15 (5366 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Ok, I give up, Jennifer. Mebbe you know? (which consulate serves WI?)

The person is en route as we speak from sturgeon Bay, Wi on her way back to Mexico, and wont be available on email for
a few days as they wend their way from Wisconsin to the Mexican border.

I WILL get the correct answer -

johanson

Aug 1, 2004, 4:15 PM

Post #9 of 15 (5348 views)

Shortcut

Lavanda: Let me tell you how you can get the answer to your question in maybe 50 seconds. This is how my 11 year old grandson did it for you. He clicked on his favorite SEARCH ENGINE icon which happens to be "Google, Advanced Search" in the first line he typed in US. in the second line he typed in Mexican Consolate (bad spelling)

He got a message stating did you mean: US "Mexican Consulate" He clicked on the correctly spelled phrase and in a few seconds he had tons of links most providing him with the information you wanted.

Because he wanted to show off, he practiced his spelling and typing and got the time down to 20 seconds for the search. It's amazing what the internet will do for you if you let it.

FeelinGroovy

Aug 1, 2004, 6:28 PM

Post #10 of 15 (5322 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Libby] Looking For An Easy fm3?

Yes, well I have a completely different issue with them and they have NOT been helpful.
Libby

jennifer rose

Aug 2, 2004, 7:47 AM

Post #11 of 15 (5263 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
The relevant Mexican Consulate is in Chicago, which does accept applications by mail.

If you're looking for the Mexican Consulate, it's simply a matter of going to http://www.sre.gob.mx/ and clicking Representaciones and then using the menu. Or go directly to http://www.sre.gob.mx/delegaciones/dire.htm.

skwala

Aug 2, 2004, 12:52 PM

Post #12 of 15 (5221 views)

Shortcut

There seems to be an implication in some of these posts that one can shop around for a friendly, compliant Consulate. Not so. One must use the office whose responsibility covers your home state. We are, for example, about equidistant from Salt Lake City and Seattle and would prefer to do business in the latter city, but have to use the SLC consulate.

jennifer rose

Aug 2, 2004, 12:58 PM

Post #13 of 15 (5221 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skwala] r An Easy fm3?

Can't Post |
You're exactly right. There is the matter of jurisdiction over the applicant's place of residence.

gbatrucks

Aug 3, 2004, 2:51 PM

Post #14 of 15 (5146 views)

Shortcut

Confusion confusion....Am I dreaming or haven't I read here that you can get an FM-3 in Chapala? We're thinking of selling out NoB, putting the stuff in storeage in Laredo, renting in Lakeside on an FT until we find the place to buy, then getting an FM-3, MC, & have Strom bring it in. No? Yes?
"The trouble with life is there's no background music."

jennifer rose

Aug 3, 2004, 4:46 PM

Post #15 of 15 (5128 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gbatrucks] r An Easy fm3?

Can't Post |
Indeed you can. At any INAMI delegation serving your place of residence in Mexico. Chapala is served by the INAMI delegation situated in Guadalajara. To locate a delegation, see http://www.inami.gob.mx.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4