there any hotels, resturants, bars etc. where we can feel
at home?

Uncle Donnie

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1073 views)

Shortcut

Alternative Lifesyles in Ajijic

Can't Post |
I'm not aware of any bars or clubs specifically for gays but I do know that many folks, both gay and straight socialize in private homes. There's always the element that attacks other beliefs and lifestyles but it seems to be less intense or noticeable in this area.<p>Guadalajara has a number of clubs if you're a real partier, and some of the Ajijic locals trek in occasionally. <p>If your question inferred "Will I be discriminated against or made to feel uncomfortable" I'd say no. <p>For a look at a 1997 report written for the INS, U.S. Dept. of Justice, go to www.worldpolicy.org/americas/sexorient/mexgay-97.html. Keep in mind that this older article does not reflect the attitudes of Ajijic.

Uncle Jack

Post #3 of 10 (1074 views)

Shortcut

A word of advice

Can't Post |
P;<p>I've been traveling to Mexico for more than 40 years. I have learned that the Mexican people are very tolerant and accepting of other people's lifestyles and habits as long as they conduct themselves in a civilized and polite manner. Most Mexicans and ex-pats could not care less if your significant other is a guy, a gal, or a mallard duck as long as they are of legal age. Little boys and little girls are a real No/No in Mexico. I'm not sure about young ducks.<p>If you don't go out of your way to make an issue of your lifestyle, most likely no one else will either.<p>

David

Post #4 of 10 (1066 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
It never ceases to amaze me that those who argue for acceptance then, when they get it, want to operate within their own ghettoes.<p>Any association with a select group that is closed to others, is Discrimination.

Jean

Post #5 of 10 (1067 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
There are many gay/lesbian people in the area and they have a tendancy to blend into the area and not expect to have places that are strickly for them. You should be able to feel at home anywhere here.<p>If you post an email address I will answer in more detail offline.<p>Since you are already in Mexico you should be able to pop down to the area and check it out.

P

Post #6 of 10 (1063 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
email address

P

Post #7 of 10 (1062 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
phatkat1380@aol.com

maddie

Aug 28, 2003, 10:18 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1021 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jean] Alternative Lifesyles in Ajijic

Can't Post |
Hi,

I was just browsing the forum and ran across the alternative life style question. I am a lesbian and although I have been to Ajijic three or four times in the last seven years I never found a time or area where I met other lesbians and gays. Any suggestions, I'm thinking about coming down for Christmas.

lil

Musicman

Aug 28, 2003, 3:36 PM

Post #9 of 10 (992 views)

Shortcut

Re: [P.] Alternative Lifesyles in Ajijic

Can't Post | Private Reply
Are any of the folks who posted in November 1919, still alive?

bthunder

Aug 29, 2003, 11:04 AM

Post #10 of 10 (956 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Musicman] Alternative Lifesyles in Ajijic

Can't Post | Private Reply
Musicman, thanks for the laugh!! I wondered the same thing.

Would someone tell me how to put those smiley faces in my e-mail. I found them, but couldn't figure out how to insert them in the text.
Tracie

Caminante, no hay camino.
Se hace camino al andar.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4