Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

adelante

Jun 22, 2004, 7:41 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2761 views)

Shortcut

Christmas in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
My husband and I am looking for a place in Mex. to spend Christmas vacation ( Approx. December 18-January 2) Is there anywhere to get cheap airfare and are there any places that are exceptionally nice at that time of year? I've only experienced Mex. in the summer. Beach area would be nice.
ADE

gpk

Jun 22, 2004, 2:07 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2729 views)

Shortcut

Re: [adelante] Christmas in Mexico

Cheap + Christmas doesn't exist, especially at the beach.

Ed and Fran

Jun 22, 2004, 3:49 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2716 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpk] Christmas in Mexico

Just to expand a bit on gpk's comment, the Christmas break is the most popular vacation period in Mexico, when a lot of businesses shut down, the kids are out of school, and everyone from the interior heads for the coast. Put that together with people from NOB also trying to squeeze in some Christmas break vacation and what you have is "High Season".

I wouldn't set my hopes on any sales, either in flights or hotels. I would concentrate on booking early.

While anyplace down here would be nice at that time of year, I might suggest Huatulco (which we like) or Puerto Escondido (which we don't know, but have good recommendations from friends), only because they are in southern Oaxaca and therefore some of the farthest away from the population centers of D.F./Guadalajara/Monterrey.

It's actually one of the nicest times to visit Mexico City, as so many from there are away at the coast. Of course, the beach in D.F. leaves somthing to be desired. :-)

Regards

E&F

Marlene

Jun 22, 2004, 4:31 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2711 views)

Shortcut

Don't overlook Mazatlān. It is easy to get to and bargains can still be found.

Lavanda

Jun 23, 2004, 2:17 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2657 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
The airlines all jack their rates up for the Thanksgiving and
Christmas holidays up thru after New Year's.

And the few days prior to Christmas, even a seat on a bus is diffucult to get.

!! Viva Mexico, warts and all !!!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4