Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

alex .

Jun 21, 2004, 7:27 AM

Post #1 of 9 (869 views)

Shortcut

yes, Tijuana has a beach.

Can't Post | Private Reply
Its nice just sitting at one of the various seaside restaurants, enjoying a bowl of caldo de siete mares (no, thats not seven horses soup !) watching the sun sparkle off the waves. Life is good.
Alex

Carron

Jun 21, 2004, 11:31 AM

Post #2 of 9 (829 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] yes, Tijuana has a beach.

And what else are you watching at the beach? Aren't you the one who likes to stand in line at Telmex to pay the phone bill each month because of the gorgeous uniformed tellers in white see-thru blouses and black bras??? Wish I could get my husband talked into such an adventure! Unfortunately, I am always the one who has to deal with Carlos Slim. Does anyone know what he looks like?

Bubba

Jun 21, 2004, 12:54 PM

Post #3 of 9 (822 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] yes, Tijuana has a beach.

Yes, indeed, Tijuana has a beach. Similar to Imperial Beach just across the line in San Diego County. Cold water, fog, riptides, murkey water, effluent that would make God sick. If you wish to move to Mexico, move to Mexico There is nothing wrong with the Northern Coast of Baja but it ain't Mexico y'all. Well maybe a little bit.

(This post was edited by Bubba on Jun 21, 2004, 1:41 PM)

esperanza

Jun 21, 2004, 12:57 PM

Post #4 of 9 (817 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carron] yes, Tijuana has a beach.

Carlos Slim, a sus órdenes:

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Jun 21, 2004, 12:59 PM)
Attachments: carlos slim.bmp (52.9 KB)

Brian

Jun 21, 2004, 1:23 PM

Post #5 of 9 (806 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] yes, Tijuana has a beach.

My wife and I spent 5 memorable years living in the San Antonio del Mar colonia of Tijuana. A gorgeous view of the Coronado islands and passing dolphins. We especially enjoyed the diversity of our Mexican neighbors. Hardly anyone was a native of Tijuana but rather the families came from all over the Republic such as Jalisco, Michoacan, Oaxaca, Sinaloa, D.F.,Puebla etc. As a side benefit, Tijuana has some of the best restaurants representing the cuisine of those regions. We now live in a different part of the country where there are more cultural (as in art) activities but I am really glad for the time spent near the border lest I fall under the impression that San Miguel de Allende is the real Mexico :-)

saludos
Brian

Uncle Jack

Jun 21, 2004, 1:40 PM

Post #6 of 9 (804 views)

Shortcut

"If you wish to move to Mexico, move to Mexico, not your phoney notion of Mexico. There is nothing wrong with the Northern Coast of Baja but it ain't Mexico y'all."

Unlike this little slice of Mexican paradise called Ajijic.

uj

Bubba

Jun 21, 2004, 3:00 PM

Post #7 of 9 (791 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] yes, Tijuana has a beach.

I edited out that obnoxious language, UJ. Your point is well taken since you caught me before I managed to modify my remarks.

OK! There is no real Mexico any more than there is any real United States or any real Bubba.

God, you are demanding!

I hate reporters.

(This post was edited by Bubba on Jun 21, 2004, 3:02 PM)

Uncle Jack

Jun 21, 2004, 3:48 PM

Post #8 of 9 (779 views)

Shortcut

Easy now, Bubba boy........just tryin to keep ya honest!

uj

alex .

Jun 23, 2004, 6:39 AM

Post #9 of 9 (684 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carron] Telnor actually,

and the gals at Baja Celular are , um, yea, as well.
Alex

(This post was edited by alex . on Jun 23, 2004, 6:43 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4