Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

jardinero viejo

Jun 9, 2004, 5:52 PM

Post #1 of 4 (895 views)

Shortcut

Art by Rufino Tamayo

Can't Post | Private Reply
We have long admired work by Rufino Tamayo. Now, we have a chance to pick up an original oil painting by Tamayo. It is dated 1977, measures 24"x34", and is a great rendering in bright, Mexico colors - mosty blues. It depicts a man gazing skyward at a yin/yang type moon and a shooting star. Reliable authentication documents come with the painting, but no other info.

Any opinions on Tamayo in general or in this piece in particular will be greatly appreciated. We are not big art collectors, but really like this piece.

Thanks.....
------------------------------------------------------------

" To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the public."
Theodore Roosevelt
------------------------------------------------------------

esperanza

Jun 9, 2004, 7:06 PM

Post #2 of 4 (880 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jardinero viejo] Art by Rufino Tamayo

<faints>

If you decide not to buy it, let me know.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Esteban

Jun 9, 2004, 7:52 PM

Post #3 of 4 (868 views)

Shortcut

WOW! I looked at some of his stuff and it looks very good. There were a few pieces I didn't care for but if YOU like it and you can afford it...go for it. I think out of all the 'stuf' I own, my art collection, is something that will probably follow me the rest of the way. I don't have anything famous but what I have I like; unique. Buying paintings, to me, is a very personal thing and sort of reflects your own situation. It's an extension of your perceptions of life.
Here is one of my favorites from my collection (original oil).

(This post was edited by Esteban on Jun 10, 2004, 9:07 AM)
Attachments: King2.jpg (62.0 KB)

gpk

Jun 10, 2004, 7:33 AM

Post #4 of 4 (835 views)

Shortcut

He's definitely one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. You must be paying a fortune for this work, so make sure it's authentic. Don't trust "paperwork"--get input from an independent museum curator or reputable art dealer.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4