Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

alex .

Jun 4, 2004, 3:48 PM

Post #1 of 4 (687 views)

Shortcut

Safeway, exporting goods, misc.

Can't Post | Private Reply
"So whats the name of the grocery store again?" asks my wife.
"Safeway", I remind her.
"Who?"
"Who what??" I ask with crinckled brow.
"Who left where?"
Now I know that she does'n' know of Abbot & Costello, so this can't be going where I think it is.
"You said 'se fue' without finishing the story" she whines, her ear always ready for potential gossip.
"SAFEWAY, not se fue......." So the adventures continue.

Someone asked awhile back about exporting goods from Mexico to the US, NAFTA and such. We are our own importing agents so don't use a broker, but ya know what? It has turned out to be much more efficient to haul a trailer to Mexico and leave it at the factory, let them fill it up, let them transport it across the border, then pick up the trailer on the US side. I've spent too many long days, my little rig amongst thousands of tractor trailers: Mexican customs export paperwork, hours in line, US importation paperwork, hours in line, go to this window, no, go to that one, pay your $9.75 over there, no, over here, park there, what are you doing here you should be over there, etc.

So how are you guys anyway?

Alex

Esteban

Jun 4, 2004, 3:53 PM

Post #2 of 4 (681 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] Safeway, exporting goods, misc.

Que te paso Alex?

It reminds me of a story a friend told me here. He was a waiter at an upscale Golden Zone restaurant and when a customer said "no hue"....he took a step back and said "say what?"

Ed and Fran

Jun 4, 2004, 4:01 PM

Post #3 of 4 (676 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Esteban] Safeway, exporting goods, misc.

Welcome back Alex, sounds like that business is keeping you too busy to post here. Got to get your priorities right.

E&F

alex .

Jun 5, 2004, 12:43 PM

Post #4 of 4 (622 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ed and Fran, & Esteban: been on the road alot

The "business" is actually my wife's hobby. What do folks DO with all the Tweety Bird (piolin) statues they are buying anyway? Further complicating the trans-border excursions is the requirement that I report each trip to Mexico and download the latest travel advisories. "Affinity to a foreign nation" is not a popular notion with the guys-in-black so my profile here will continue to remain low.
So Esteban, hows that Thing running? I'm at one of your old stomping grounds right now, not far from San Xavier.
See ya'll round,
Alex

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4