Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

ziret

Jun 1, 2004, 1:46 PM

Post #1 of 4 (687 views)

Shortcut

not quite the same cell phone question

Can't Post | Private Reply
I've read a lot of posts on cell phones and searched the archives and can't find an answer to this question: Is there a cell phone service in the Lake Chapala area where calls to and from others in the Lake Chapala area is a local call rather than a Guadlajara call. When I first got here it seemed there were two carriers one of which had local calls for the area and the other did not. Now I cannot find the person (or company) who said they had this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Teri

johanson

Jun 1, 2004, 6:08 PM

Post #2 of 4 (658 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ziret] not quite the same cell phone question

Yep, there is a cell phone company that does not have coverage over all of the lake that used to be called Pegaso, it was bought out by something like "Movie Star". Or some strange name. Their sales offices are still in the Buganvilla shopping center at the street side entrance to the Movie theaters.

As I recollect this company provides coverage around Chapala and Ajijic but has no coverage must West of there. Apparently there is no coverage in San Juan Cosala or to the West in Jocotepec. There are also many other areas in Mexico where this company has no coverage.

The calls around Ajijic and Chapala are considered local

ziret

Jun 2, 2004, 7:46 AM

Post #3 of 4 (613 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] not quite the same cell phone question

Pete,

That is not what she said a few days ago. She said they only have Guadalajara numbers and all your calls are both roaming and long distance. I'm not even saying she knows what she's talking about because I am never certain cell phone salespeople know what they are talking about--here or in the U.S. But that's what she said, so I didn't argue. Any other ideas?

Teri

johanson

Jun 2, 2004, 9:04 AM

Post #4 of 4 (599 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ziret] not quite the same cell phone question

What I reported is the way it was as late as 2003. Gee maybe coverage has changed. I hope someone else can post here updating my comments.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4