Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Mike

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1254 views)

Shortcut

Forum &; Scorpions (No pun intended)

Can't Post |
Hi
After visiting Ajijic in April I have been visiting this forum almost daily to get my fix on what is happening in the area. We loved our visit there and plan on returning.
Lately, I have noticed quite a few posts that were negative in nature and I even replied to one in particular that started a fight between the Americans and Canadians. I should not have let myself get sucked into it and I was happy to see the posts deleted from the board by the moderator.<p>Regarding the scorpion part of this post, after reading some messages about them, I began to wonder what does a scorpion eat? Seriously, does anyone know? Do they help to eliminate some other insect? Or ???

keith

Post #2 of 5 (1253 views)

Shortcut

scorpion chow

Can't Post |
the only thing I've actually seen them eating (while foraging) is ants. I also notice that when I find them under rocks that I am moving, they are often living beside a colony of ants under there.

Uncle Jack

Post #3 of 5 (1260 views)

Shortcut

More on scorpions

Can't Post |
Enough to make you puke.<p>http://lsvl.la.asu.edu/askabiologist/research/scorpions/

Uncle Jack

Post #4 of 5 (1257 views)

Shortcut

Forum &;; Scorpions

Can't Post |
Mike;<p>I too have been surfing, lurking, and posting on these forums for about a year. Patty and I have made two trips to Lakeside to investigate the possiblilty of retiring there. Most of the people we've met, both gringos and Mexican, have been pretty decent folks<p>About ninety percent of the negative posts here come from about 5 percent of the of the posters. Many of the posts are from just two or three people using numerous names. Ignore them! Lakeside is a great area and most of the folks who live there are good people.<p>Don't let the Bullshit get between you and reality. Visit a couple of more times and make up you own mind.<p>I haven't got a clue as to what scorpions eat other than insects. Hopefully, cockroaches.<p>UJ

Mary

Post #5 of 5 (1256 views)

Shortcut

Forum &;;; Scorpions

Can't Post |
This is an old conversation but I'm new to this site, so hope no one minds. On Scorpions, I was thinking that Ajijic and Lake Chapala are too cool for scorpions? Am I reading this right that they are in that area? Thanks for answers.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4