Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

rasputin

May 26, 2004, 5:00 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1231 views)

Shortcut

villas de las flores

Can't Post | Private Reply
can anyone give me any info on villas de las flores on riberas del pilar? i'm staying there
for two weeks next month.my main question is what the neighborhood is like and distance to ajijic and chapala.

thanks,

dan h

RIONSDAD

May 31, 2004, 4:29 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1145 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rasputin] villas de las flores

I cannot say I am familiar with this business, But Riberas is about 1/2 way between Chapala and Ajijic, or about 2-3 miles each way,,Hope you enjoy the area, It's great..

mjeble

May 31, 2004, 11:05 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1099 views)

Shortcut

http://www.chapala.com/.../lasflores_home.html

Here is a real estate listing for Villas de las Flores. It is for sale and you can see some pictures. Hope this helps.

MEME

Myra

Listen to what I mean, not what I say.

RickS

May 31, 2004, 2:01 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1072 views)

Shortcut

To me, Riberas is sort of like Mexico in general.... it can be both beautiful and shabby. The section where Villas de las Flores is located is secluded and very wooded, and the streets are wide but somewhat unkept. In one block you will see large houses/compounds (like las Flores) and the next block will be undeveloped and somewhat shoddy (overgrown, trashy). Of course many of the homes will be behind walls so one can only imagine what might be inside, and most are large. I find it a great area for diversity and for walking around in. This area has many birds and is lush.

You will be about 7 blocks down from the Carretera (main road between Chapala and Ajijic) where there is a bus stop. The first 3-4 blocks down Av. del Pilar are through a 'subdivision' of traditional houses called Mirasol; then you will "enter the woods" of Riberas. Further past las Flores will be streets/trails that will lead to and along the lake. Again, there you will see $400,000 places and in the next block a very poor Mexican national eeking out a living in a hut.

Access to Ajijic and/or Chapala will be on the Carretera, along which there are many businesses. Again, the bus comes by every 15 minutes or so and costs about 4-5 pesos to go into either town or anywhere in between.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4