Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Dave  Kiernan

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1715 views)

Shortcut

Prescription Drugs

Can't Post |
Kate and I were wondering how prescription drugs can be obtained, Canadian prescription, costs, etc. Also bringing across border. Or any general comments related.<p>I don't need any..maybe a tequila or two..but she does! Any information much appreciated.<p>Thanks
Dave and Kate<p>

Jean

Post #2 of 4 (1713 views)

Shortcut

Prescription Drugs

Can't Post |
It depends on the drugs. I have found most are available here or their Mexican equivalent. I do not find the cost cheaper (in this area).<p>Most prescription drugs are available over the counter here with the exception of drugs that are narcotic or (not sure of name), sleeping pills, tranq. etc.<p>Someone else will have to address the issue of crossing the border as I have no first hand knowledge of that.

Bill

Post #3 of 4 (1717 views)

Shortcut

Prescription Drugs

Can't Post |
Go the the Farmacia in Chcpala, as you enter the city. A "prescription" costs you eighty pesos but you can purchase pain pills, sleeping pills or whateger you need, if they have in stock. The place is operated by a doctor and he gets his take from the $8 bucks Rx. Theres alo a guy in the Plaza, Farmacia Jessica, who will fix you up. He´s also a legal doctor. so a "doctor, he needs -- i.e. no prior prescription for another doctor. No prescription needed. You can most everything you want, except some Amerian drugs are not on the market. But they will get you thfor your ordeal because they know Mexican equivancies. They have literally saved my life. <if you need/want a "real" doctor, go to the Clinica Riberas del Mar clinic in Riberas del Mar close to Ajijic. Good, qualified medical staff who whill write you scrips for what you need. Cost about $25 US per visit, but well worh it and you see a professional doctor. Itá all legal and safe. IF you go to the right places you will be taken care of. MY e-mail address is chapalares@hotail.com. Buzz me if you need more info. I need several prescription meds, including for chronic pain, and they´ve supplied me. No, I´m not a drug addict. Just an average American on social security who needs help --and have found it. Best of luck to you.
Give me more detalis and I can direct you better.<p><p>

Dave Kate

Post #4 of 4 (1707 views)

Shortcut

Prescription Drugs

Can't Post |
Thanks for your replys folks. Gives us a better read on it. Hoping for our first trip down in December.
Intent is a few weeks..but hey, who knows what may transpire?<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4