Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

David McL

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1014 views)

Shortcut

WebJefe returns . . .

Can't Post |
After 3 months of Victoria, B. C. dealing with family stuff, we are back home in Ajijic.<p>Jennifer Rose - thank-you. You managed the Fora eminently well during a difficult period.
Moderators do not expect to be liked. Respected, yes. You have definitely earned our respect.<p>I will be moderating the Ajijic/Lake Chapala and LWR forums for the next while.<p>Consideration, respect and civility are the norm, along with relevance, appropriateness and helpfulness. <p>The new Forum system should be on-line by October the 7th. I believe you will find the new system much more useful and powerful for you, the user, as well as going a long way to ensuring quality postings by genuine posters.
Some of you will be experimenting with the system before then, so it will be "as you like it and want it."<p>I wish you all well this coming Fall and look forward to sharing in the further development of this site.<p>David McLaughlin
WebJefe etc.<p>

David McL

Post #2 of 6 (1014 views)

Shortcut

Mexico Connect Forums: Policy and terms of use

Can't Post |
Mexico Connect Forums: Policy and terms of use<p>1. The forums are created with the intent to foster a useful community of people interested in Mexico and to allow free exchange of ideas, experiences, facts, tips and opinions.<p>2. Constructive posts on different themes are encouraged. Please try to post to the appropriate forums for a better audience. Suggestions for new forums are welcome.<p>3. All messages are the expression of the posters, who are solely responsible for the content. Mexico Connect does not endorse any views or particular opinions, except for expectations of consideration, respect and civility, along with relevance, appropriateness and helpfulness.<p>The moderator may stimulate the discussion with his/her own remarks.<p>4. Posting to the forums is a privilege (not a right). While we try to keep the discussions as open as possible, posts may be removed when they do not contribute to the discussions. Content that is rude, obnoxious, misleading, lewd, libelous, spam, or similarly objectionable will be removed. Repeat offences may result in the loss of posting privilege.<p>Forum Etiquette:<p>1. Choose a subject title carefully. Keeping it short and concise without using excessive punctuation or all capital letters ("screaming"), will convey your interests quicker and facilitate a faster response .<p>2. In forums aside from Chit Chat, please stay on the topic. If a great new idea emerges, start a new thread to open up the discussions to others. <p>3. Respond to the issues, not the poster and not emotionally. Disagreements happen. Try not to take things too personally. Use tact. This also applies when critiquing another poster's posting. If you do not know how to say it, don't. We will not tolerate bashing, personal attacks, or harassment of any sort and such activity will cost you your ability to participate.<p>4. These are discussion forums, not debates on who is right. If someone has a different point of view, be patient, tolerant and use tact. If the "other side" is more convincing or logical, admit it. We are all members of this community, proving you are right achieves nothing.<p>5. Know when to quit before it gets out of hand. When individuals arguments escalate and no longer are on topic or are they are no longer contributing to the discussion, stop. To escalate creates a bad image for not only the posters but the community as a whole.<p>6. Give new users some slack, don't chastise them for not reading all of Mexico Connect first. Make them feel welcome into the community. We were all newbies once.<p>Tips:<p>1. Check the forums and the relevant Mexico Connect sections before asking your question. If it already has been resolved, it will save you the wait for someone to answer or the aggravation to another user to search for you.<p>2. Help others, this is a community and it works best when we share information. Though we don't have a Karma system running, however, we have a more powerful version: other members will remember your deeds and will go to greater lengths to help you if you've been good to them in the past. <p>Final Note:<p>Have fun! These are guidelines, they are intended to give users a set of rules we can apply if trouble strikes. It's really to protect you and others from feeling hurt or intimidated by others on the forums, we want you and your opinions to feel welcome here. <p>Suerte!<p>David McL
WebJefe Etc.

David McL

Post #3 of 6 (1013 views)

Shortcut

Actually, no. But . . .

Can't Post |
About 10 years ago, I did buy a Blackstone PhD in English lit.<p>I am certain it is useful, but I'm still waiting for an opportunity to try it out.<p>D.

Bill

Post #4 of 6 (1013 views)

Shortcut

Mexico Connect Forums: Policy s Stupid Thinking.

Can't Post |
Did you send in for a law degree from a mail order scam? ANd then have it certified in Tijuana? Why don´t you pay off the major and a <mexican docortor of jurisprudence with rights apriveleges thereto pertaining. Go all the way, man. Or go back to whatever nazi state you escaped from. <i think you´re a 25 year old "graduate" from an institution of lower learning thata is ripping the guts out of the US, from where I fled to escape the likes of you.

Uncle Jack

Post #5 of 6 (1014 views)

Shortcut

Mexico Connect Forums: Policy and terms of use

Can't Post |
David;<p>First of all, welcome home. I have just read your Policy and terms of use statement. I hope that you intend to post this statement in a prominent and permanent place. It is something that has been needed here for a while; a clear concise set of rules and guidelines for the use of these forums.<p>While I have been among those who have criticized the moderation here of late, I have also been one of the outspoken in regards to your right to run your private little playpen as you choose. Most of us out here don't mind playing by the rules as long as we know what the rules are, and have some assurance that the rules will be administered equally and fairly.<p>ˇBuen Suerte!<p>Uncle Jack<p>

Skip in Ajijic

Post #6 of 6 (1014 views)

Shortcut

welcome back David

Can't Post |
Welcome back David

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4