Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Anna

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 11 (4555 views)

Shortcut

Sam's Store Membership

Can't Post |
Another question. Does my Sam's card from the states allow me to enter the Sam's store in Guadalajara. Thanks

Pat

Post #2 of 11 (4549 views)

Shortcut

Price of the Card

Can't Post |
Are the membership cards for CostCo and Sam's any less expensive in Mexico than in the U.S.?

Jean

Post #3 of 11 (4547 views)

Shortcut

Costco 300 pesos for an individual nfm

Can't Post |
No Message

Anna

Post #4 of 11 (4546 views)

Shortcut

Thanks to all for your answers

Can't Post |

Thank you

Rolly

Post #5 of 11 (4547 views)

Shortcut

And a Mexican Sam's card is good in the USA....nmsg

Can't Post |
No Message

RexC

Post #6 of 11 (4548 views)

Shortcut

Sam's Store Membership / Good to go

Can't Post |
Yes, Sams club, and Costco cards are good in México. We have cards for both, issued in The States. We have used them in México City, Acapulco, etc., and here in Cuernavaca at Sams.<p>A few years ago, the clerks used to have to call a manager over to approve them. Now, they have improved their computer systems. I notice that at Sams here the clerks just press a few keys on the cash register, and a message appears for a few seconds that says: "U S Card." After that, it is just a normal transaction.<p>Rex<p> <p>

Jean

Post #7 of 11 (4545 views)

Shortcut

How Does Sam's Compare To Costco?

Can't Post |
I would love to know if anyone shops both stores in Guad and what you think of each one compared to the other. Prices, merchandise etc. Any comments would be appreciated. <p>If you want to email me privately, please remove the x from my email address. Thanks.

lloyd

Post #8 of 11 (4547 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
There are 3 Sams clubs in Guad and one Costco. Sometimes you can find different things in one Sams but not the other. One is on Revolution near the New Bus Station, One across the street from Costco and the other is on Mariano Otero near the Kodak plant. I, too, think the meat is better at Costco.

Georgia

Post #9 of 11 (4544 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
I've shopped at both in Guadalajara - but not extensively. My observation was that they offer slightly different goods. Sams is good for buying household items (cleansers, paper goods, etc.)in bulk. It seemed to me that Costco, though, had better meat and chicken items in bulk. I know people who shop both, and I can see why. What we did, one person had a Sam's card (me) and my friend had a Costco, so we shopped at both together, saved gas, saved the card costs, enjoyed a day out together and divvied up the bill with no problem.

John in Ajijic

Post #10 of 11 (4545 views)

Shortcut

Don't Need a Card to Enter - Only to Buy (NMSG)

Can't Post |
NMSG

Don

Post #11 of 11 (4543 views)

Shortcut

Yes NFMG

Can't Post |

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4