Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Cynthia7

May 2, 2004, 9:29 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1588 views)

Shortcut

rain and cool weather

Can't Post | Private Reply
Do you think the rain and cool weather have arrived a month or so early? We never complain about rain here but it is unusual. Remember last May was a humdinger for San Miguel... new records for high temperatures. It was 56 at 8AM this morning in the center of SMA. Wonderful fresh air!!

Carol Schmidt

May 2, 2004, 10:16 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1577 views)

Shortcut

May's the hottest month--just wait! CS

Chumley

May 4, 2004, 2:02 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1516 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carol Schmidt] May's the hottest month--just wait! CS

Can't Post |
Enough of your mantra that May is the hottest month! Weather changes, and it has obviously from past experience over my ten years here. So, I offer the following challenge--I throw down the gaunlet, so to speak. For every day it reaches over 100 in the month of May in San Miguel, I will eat a Habanero Chile. By the recognized Scovill Standards, it is judged the very hottest chile. For every day it rains, you will eat one of the same. The eat-off, as it were, will occur after the official records are validated and I suggest that the local AM radio station and their statistics be the standard. Do you accept?

(This post was edited by Chumley on May 4, 2004, 2:07 PM)

Carol Schmidt

May 4, 2004, 2:44 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1504 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chumley] May's the hottest month--just wait! CS

Nope.

I can post again! Whatever David did, I can post again!

Carol Schmidt

Chumley

May 4, 2004, 3:47 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1496 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carol Schmidt] May's the hottest month--just wait! CS

Can't Post |
Milagro! Now, do you accept the challenge? By the way, I did err when I said that the Haberneo was the hottest chile. Actually, the Yellow Scotch Bonnet is, but then, 26,000 S.U., who would want to deal with that? We'll take what we can get here, so do you or do you not want to accept my challenge? If not, then back off you constant claim that May is the hottest month. Clearly, this year, so far, it is not.

bournemouth

May 4, 2004, 4:11 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1490 views)

Shortcut

I read the word "nope" in Carol's post and assumed that was her reply to your challenge - was I wrong?

jennifer rose

May 4, 2004, 4:21 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1489 views)

Shortcut

In the interest of accuracy

Can't Post |
26,00 Scoville units is a chile de arbol. A Red Savina Habañero, at 350,000 to 550,000 Scoville units, has now beat the Scotch Bonnet's record.

Now, please lay off Carol, and learn how to take "no" for an answer.

Chumley

May 5, 2004, 1:23 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1433 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] May's the hottest month--just wait! CS

Can't Post |
No, but I missed it totally, and that is why I renewed my challenge. But apparently there will be no contest. Unfoturnate, because it was to end in a fiesta with me serving my world famous Nachos. Did anyone think either one of us would really eat the hottest peppers around, whatever they are called? Apparently someone else didn't get the joke and thought I was picking on poor Carol. So much more is the pity. No party now, no soup for you.

jennifer rose

May 7, 2004, 8:15 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1381 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Well, I snuck into San Miguel de Allende this week, just for the purpose of renewing my passport and taking one of the pups to our favorite vet in your town. And rain it did during Wednesday evening. My take was that San Miguel de Allende seemed much hotter than Morelia.

I'll be back up there in about three weeks to pick up my passport and take Beto to the vet.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4