Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring


Apr 20, 2004, 8:17 PM

Post #1 of 2 (9854 views)


Automobile transfer to USA

Can't Post | Private Reply
I own a Canadian registered car with expired Ontario plates and live in Ajijic. How can I import my car to the USA and get US license plates while here in Mexico? I do not have a Texas or other US address.I have both a Mexican and Ontario drivers license.




Apr 20, 2004, 9:57 PM

Post #2 of 2 (9845 views)


Re: [detracey] Automobile transfer to USA

Can't Post | Private Reply
If you are moving to the USA from Mexico there will be a process to follow just as if you had moved from Canada directly, as far as your vehicle is concerned. The mandatory inspections and tests will take place. If you aren't moving to the US and are staying in Mexico as you message seems to indicates, I am assuming you only want to sell your vehicle and not have it in Mexico anymore. That could be tricky, being a Canadian registered car, but a dealer north of the border should be able to answer that easily.
Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4