Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Mar 14, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4174 views)

Shortcut

¡Bienvenidos! Welcome!

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Bienvenidos, queridos amigos! Welcome to the new Gulf of México forum which is now open to the public. This is where we will be talking about the mexican states of Tamaulipas, Veracruz, Tabasco and Campeche. Ask questions, tell anecdotes, give advice...this is what this forum is for. But lets not use to much "picardia jarocha"(cuss words!), just enough to give the forum a little flavor that the other forums don't have(just kidding, fellow Moderators!).

Let's make this forum as live and vibrant as the states it is intended to be about.

¡Portense mal y cuidense bien, amigos! ¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Marlene

Mar 15, 2004, 7:48 AM

Post #2 of 5 (4157 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] ¡Bienvenidos! Welcome!

A big welcome to the new forum from across Mexico in Mazatlán, Sinaloa! We look forward to reading and learning about your areas.

jennifer rose

Mar 15, 2004, 8:13 AM

Post #3 of 5 (4152 views)

Shortcut

Roy, I have a feeling you're not in Kansas anymore!

Can't Post |
For more about Roy, read his bio at http://www.mexconnected.com/...l/rdudley/rdbio.html.

Hey Roy, you were at Boulder the same time my law school classmate Rick Newman was student body president!

TomG

Mar 31, 2004, 8:26 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4069 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] ¡Bienvenidos! Welcome!

Hi Roy;

I would have been satisfied with Veracruz - the whole Gulf....and added benefit. I find it hard to imagine that Veracruz won't take the cultural lead.

To start, I'm puzzled why the coast of Tamaulipas doesnt' capture more imagination. Can anyone explain?

I'm looking forward to hearing anything Ed and Fran have to say. And I hope folks log in with food information - like banana, orange, coffee, and vanilla reports. And don't forget the music!

One reservation - let's don't overpromote the place and creat a landslide.

Tom

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Mar 31, 2004, 9:28 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4060 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TomG] ¡Bienvenidos! Welcome!

Thankyou for your post, Tom, and I hope there will be an avid participation from others about the states of Tamaulipas, Tabasco and Campeche(I want to find out more, too!). I hope to do an update on the light and sound show at the Cumbre Tajin 2004, which was fantastic.

¡Portense mal y cuidense bien!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4