Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Nancy Nelson

Mar 2, 2004, 4:14 PM

Post #1 of 3 (5134 views)

Shortcut

Moving to Puerto Vallarta

Can't Post |
To anyone who can offer advice:

I will be teaching in Puerto Vallarta next year and am wondering about the logistics of maintaining my current credit card, banking and phone connections to the U.S.. Please let me know your experiences, generally and in the areas I've listed.

Thanks,

N

Marlene

Mar 2, 2004, 4:46 PM

Post #2 of 3 (5127 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Nancy Nelson] Moving to Puerto Vallarta

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi Nancy,

Have your mail go to a reliable friend or relative while you are abroad (if you are leaving your current address) and do your banking and credit card payments online. Your ATM card will be very useful while you are in Mexico. Bring 2 of them, one for back up in case the bank machine eats one or you lose it. Let your credit card company know that you are traveling abroad temporarily so they aren't alarmed by your charges or by the fact that you have left the country with your card.

Have fun!

Don

Mar 2, 2004, 7:08 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5110 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Nancy Nelson] Moving to Puerto Vallarta

Can't Post | Private Reply
When I moved to Mexico, I just gave my bank a change of address. I do business with Bank of America and my credit card is from the same bank. I have banking online to handle my accounts and card payments. The bank sends to me, in Mexico, my statements monthly and new ATM cards and credit cards when the others expire. Not sure what you mean by phone connections.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4