Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

aejarvis

Feb 24, 2004, 2:51 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1427 views)

Shortcut

Reasonably priced hotel in Culiacan

Can't Post |
Will be traveling to Culiacan in July. Does any one know of some reasonably priced hotels there? Thanks!

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 24, 2004, 5:01 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1412 views)

Shortcut

Re: [aejarvis] Reasonably priced hotel in Culiacan

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi again! Culiacan is a rather large and fairly spread out city, so I think what I would do if I were you is to go down to your local travel agency and ask to look at the Hotel & Travel Index or whatever worldwide hotel directory they have on hand.

There is usually a little map which will allow you to pinpoint the area in which you wish to stay, and where it shows the hotels in that particular area. The travel agent may be gracious enough to book it for you, especially if you are a AAA member and go to a AAA travel agency. While you are there get the map and Mexico Travel Book. The Mexico Travel Book is quite well done with reliable hotel recommendations, restaurants and sight seeing information as well as loads of travel advice.

For a nice hotel in a good location, you should expect to pay $50.00 a night or more in a city like Culiacan.

Hotel Executivo (Downtown) - 67/93-1300 (phone number) with a pool, restaurant shops etc.

Hotel San Luis Linda Vista - (on the hill with a panoramic view) - 67/16-7010, restaurant, nightclub

Let me know if you find this helpful.

(This post was edited by Marlene on Feb 24, 2004, 5:38 PM)

aejarvis

Feb 24, 2004, 7:43 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1400 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Reasonably priced hotel in Culiacan

Can't Post |
Yes, we have AAA and they only show about 2-3 hotels on it. Same ones the internet shows. I found some other ones on the www.culiacan.gov.mx site rated a 3 & 4 star hotels versus the 5 star hotels that are the ones you mentioned. I'll have to call them and see. They have no website to check them out. When I checked out the one you mentioned, they came out to about $75-85 a night. That is why I was hoping to see what some folks may know about them the other hotels. - Thanks!

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 24, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1392 views)

Shortcut

Re: [aejarvis] Reasonably priced hotel in Culiacan

I don't think the ones I mentioned are 5 stars, but Culiacan is the capital of the State and commands better prices than say, Los Mochis that you also inquired about.

If you tell me exactly what you are looking for pricewise, with what amenities and in what area I will try to inquire for you. However, if you just arrive and tell a taxi driver to take you to a hotel in a specific price range in the area you are looking for, there should be no problem finding a room...that I can promise. From there you can look around. By the way, do you speak Spanish?

elcoqui

Mar 17, 2004, 3:40 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1341 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Reasonably priced hotel in Culiacan

Same person here...Finally registered :-)

Looking for something alot less than $75 usa a night. Simple but nice and clean. We've never been to Culiacan so I really would not be able to tell you what area. We were going on a trip to learn about the area.

Si, hablo y escribo espanol :-)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4