Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

aejarvis

Feb 17, 2004, 8:04 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3019 views)

Shortcut

Culiacan - Searching for Info

Can't Post |
I am trying to look for information on Culiacan. Has anyone been there that can provide me with info or let me know where I can locate info on it?

Txs!

jennifer rose

Feb 17, 2004, 8:37 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3009 views)

Shortcut

Re: [aejarvis] Culiacan - Searching for Info

Can't Post |
http://www.culiacan.gob.mx/

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 18, 2004, 12:50 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2983 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post | Private Reply
Is there anything specific not answered on the website that I can attempt to answer? We travel to Culiacan sometimes (not in summer!) as we have lots of family there.

aejarvis

Feb 19, 2004, 1:10 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2967 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Culiacan - Searching for Info

Can't Post |
I have this city mentioned to me as a nice place to check out. What info can you provide on what to do there (recreation, culture, etc...)? Having a hard time finding info on the internet, other than hotel info. The previous website was good. Do you know of any other ones?

Gracias!

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 19, 2004, 1:23 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2964 views)

Shortcut

Culiacan is the state capital and is the heartbeat of Sinaloa, very cosmopolitan and into the arts. It has everything really. It is not promoted as a tourist destination and that is likely why you didn't see anything in English on the web. It gets so hot in the summer that you can fry eggs on the concrete. I am not sure what you mean by "check out". Are you thinking of vacationing there? A few more details would help answer your questions.

aejarvis

Feb 19, 2004, 2:32 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2956 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Culiacan - Searching for Info

Can't Post |
Yes, we're plannning to vacation this July. Is it going to be burning hot? Any recommendations on nice but cheap hotels? What does the rate run for? Just needs to be clean and nice not extravagant.

Also looking at it as a potential living place. Any idea what nice but cheap rent go for in the area?

Marlene / Moderator

Feb 19, 2004, 2:54 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2952 views)

Shortcut

These areas are VERY hot in the summer. Desert like conditions which last until late October, early November guarantee a fair sized air conditioning bill for most homeowners. Take a look at the temperature history feature shown on the following site to see if you are interested in dealing with the heat. For example, I input October 1, 2003 and discovered that the temperature at 4 pm that day was over 100 degrees. That lasts for several months in those areas.

http://www.wunderground.com/...y=culiacan%2C+mexico

Rents in Culiacan are higher than those here in Mazatlan simply because it is a more expensive city, and can't be compared. It is where all the Government offices are located and many of our large corporations. It also has Universities and other major training facilities. Life moves faster (especially the traffic) there than we are used to here at the beach. I would suggest visiting these areas to see if they fit you. If you like Guadalajara, you should like places like Culiacan and Hermosillo, but factor in the intense heat.

Good luck.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4