Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

nellymc

Jan 27, 2004, 11:18 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1570 views)

Shortcut

ajijic weather

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have had different reports on weather in Ajijic. I would appreciate hearing from folks who have lived there for the past few years regarding the weather from mid april to mid june. i will appreciate any replies and information.

warhow

Jan 27, 2004, 11:57 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1560 views)

Shortcut

Re: [nellymc] ajijic weather

From April to the beginning of the rainy season (which could be mid May to mid June) it is dry and the hotest part of the year. Daytime temperatures here in Ajijic are typically in the high 80's although an occasional move into the 90s is not unheard of. Lows will be in the low 60s.

When the rainy season starts it will predominately be sunny during the day and rain in the evening or early morning. Daytime temperatures will moderate to the high 70's depending upon the frequency and intensity of the storms.

johanson

Jan 27, 2004, 2:18 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1538 views)

Shortcut

Re: [nellymc] ajijic weather

Those of us from Seattle etc, find the 90 + F temps really hot right before the rainy season. But go to Houston where when it's 90 +F the humidity isn't 10% to 20% as it is here in Ajijic but rather 90% and you will understand what heat is really about.

When it is hot and dry, one can operate a cheap evaporative cooler here, which 1. brings the humidity back in line and 2. lowers the temp to a bearable range for us Northerners.

What ever you do, don't use the more expensive option, an air conditioner, because it uses a lot more electricity, and lowers the humidity, rather than bringing it back up toward normal. I like about 50% humidity.

Pax

Feb 1, 2004, 10:16 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1450 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] ajijic weather

Can't Post |
Your reference to an "evaporative cooler" is interesting. I've never heard of this before - can you elaborate? Many thanks!

sfmacaws

Feb 1, 2004, 10:18 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1449 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Pax] ajijic weather

They are commonly called swamp coolers in the US and are common in the drier parts of the country, ie the southwest.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4