Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Janice

Jan 22, 2004, 5:06 AM

Post #1 of 2 (816 views)

Shortcut

activities and playmates for a toddler

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi -- I'll be in sma in February with my 15-month-old daughter; am wondering if anyone can let me know about any activities/classes/potential playmates for her. Thank you. -- Janice

Carol Schmidt

Jan 22, 2004, 2:15 PM

Post #2 of 2 (796 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Janice] activities and playmates for a toddler

Can't Post | Private Reply
I don't know anything about activities for infants, but there are always children of all ages playing in Juarez Park, which has swings and other playground equipment. If you can speak any Spanish, I bet you could enjoy talking to other parents of infants who are there and they might have ideas.

And the good old Jardin is always full of children of all ages just enjoying the fun of watching everybody go by. The balloons and toy salespeople will intrigue her, and she'll love it if you feed the pigeons.

At the Gigante shopping mall there is a carousel of cars and animals for small children to ride. A walk over to the pet store and vet, a couple storefronts away, will let your child see turtles, mice, and probably kittens and puppies for sale. The Tuesday market will be a whirlwind of sights and sounds and smells. Just walking the cobblestones past all the kinds of shops will be an enlightenment to her. I can't imagine a child not liking SMA.

Carol Schmidt

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4