Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Miguelito

Dec 12, 2003, 5:29 AM

Post #1 of 4 (408 views)

Shortcut

auto insurance agent in SMA

Can't Post | Private Reply
Would like to buy car insurance for the trip down from the same company that has an agent/adjuster in SMA. Any suggestions, please? Thanks, Mike

Los que cantan oran dos veces! (Those who sing pray twice!)

D.G.

Dec 12, 2003, 6:51 AM

Post #2 of 4 (404 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mikelangford] auto insurance agent in SMA

Sanborn's has an office in San Miguel, as well as along the border entry through Laredo. They also have an online site.

Hope this helps. Have a nice trip.

mexigrl

Dec 12, 2003, 8:06 AM

Post #3 of 4 (393 views)

Shortcut

Mike,

I found Sanbornes more expensive but the fact that there is someone locally might be an incentive. There is a book that you really should read as you are planning all of this. It is called Head for Mexico by Don Adams, Uncle Donnie here on the board. Go to www.headformexico.com to get the info. He has chapters on every question you might have, lots on insurance issues. It is also hysterically funny :)

My insurance is the one he recommended - www.mexpro.com and 1-888-467-4639 and ask for Nancy Hicks, she is the manager. Also a good site for info is www.mexicanautotravel.com for general info.

Do yourself a favor and buy Don's book for Xmas! It will help more than you can imagine.

When are you planning to arrive in SMA? Any luck on hunting for a place to stay yet?

Cuidate

Mexigrl

Carol Schmidt

Dec 12, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #4 of 4 (391 views)

Shortcut

I'm on a local email list on which this very topic just came up and several people recommended using Lloyd's. This is not the same Lloyd's of London, it is a Mexico firm which primarily is like a bank and which actually offers some interest on accounts, 4-6%, better than the States.

Another recommendation was Reserve, which has an office just inside the Hotel Posada de San Francisco on the Jardin, for the lowest rates, but the person who uses them had no experience on any payouts. We use Lewis and Lewis. I don't know if any of these have offices in San Diego.

A friend who has Lewis and Lewis just had her car stolen, well, a couple of weeks ago, and the agent from Queretero visited her the next day and was not particularly friendly, and she hasn't heard from them since.

No recommendations from this corner, just passing along info.

Carol Schmidt

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4