Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Pastor

Dec 9, 2003, 9:35 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1814 views)

Shortcut

Moving

Can't Post |
My wife and I are headed south to live, lots of things here we want to get away from, just bad memories and family stuff. Does anyone know of anything for rent in the area, something that is maybe 2 bed, 1 bath, furnished? Also, how are the phones, internet, and whatever else that we may need to know about. You can email me at Pastor7@hotmail.com with information if you would like. It is not always possible for me to get abck here to the forum. Thank you all for any help you can provide. I also would not mind being in the old part of Mazatlan either.

Marlene / Moderator

Dec 9, 2003, 5:17 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1796 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Pastor] Moving

Can't Post | Private Reply
I would like to post this information to allow the other forum readers access to the information too.

There are still many well-priced rentals in Mazatlan. It is going to depend on when you arrive of course. This is peak season now and the snow birds have snapped up many of the great rentals, especially in el Centro Historico which has become extremely popular. Prices also depend on whether you require furnished or non furnished and if you want to live in a colonia or not. We found a clean 2 bedroom unfurnished rental in Colonia Reforma (next door to el Centro) near the market and the ocean just the other day...rent $1300.00 pesos. On the other hand there are rentals for $700.00 USD and $1000.00 USD in el centro historico near the plaza or nearby. There is no standard rental price. That said, Mazatlan is a great bargain in many other aspects, plus we have the ocean!

Phones and internet service can be put in any house without much of a waiting period at all. Not a problem. We have all the shopping you could hope to find.

Good luck in your decision making process.

Pastor

Dec 9, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1787 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Moving

Can't Post |
Thank you for the information. We will have to find something furnished of course. We are looking for something long term, at least a year and would like to move down before Christmas. I have talked to others in several places, including up the coast in parts of Sonora, and at Lake Chapala and that area. My brother and some family have been to the area and I was thinking it would be nice to be near the ocean.Where would be the best place to look or talk to, and we can afford probably $500 USD maybe $600 and we have our car also.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4