Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Kip

Dec 8, 2003, 1:08 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3482 views)

Shortcut

moving to Mazatlan

Can't Post | Private Reply
For someone moving to Mazatlan, would you suggest bringing everything with you or selling everything and starting over?

Kip
kip

Marlene / Moderator

Dec 8, 2003, 1:56 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3476 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] moving to Mazatlan

It would depend alot on individual situations, just like a move to anywhere in Mexico. Some people bring everything down, others sell everything and move to a furnished rental here. We have all the major stores but furniture and appliances are not all that cheap. Starting over in an unfurnished home can be expensive. Used furniture and appliances are very difficult to find.

Kip

Dec 8, 2003, 2:25 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3473 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] moving to Mazatlan

Thanks Marlene,

Looks like we'll be schlepping it all down!

Kip
kip

nlnic

Dec 8, 2003, 9:57 PM

Post #4 of 7 (3448 views)

Shortcut

Kip, are you thinking of Mazatlan? I'll take bunches of pictures for you when we're there for Christmas. I've been in touch with Marlene and we'll be there for the Posadas, etc. Keep in touch, maybe I can email you pics from the road. We'll be headed south after Christmas to Nayarit for another several days & New Years there.

Keep the faith, Nancy
Con mi corazon en Mexico!

pat

Dec 10, 2003, 4:58 PM

Post #5 of 7 (3410 views)

Shortcut

Hi Kip.... I know you and your husband were just in Ajijic.. Now you are talking about moving to Mazatlan. I would be curious to hear why you seemed to have switched your focus away from Ajijic.

Thanks,

Pat

Kip

Dec 10, 2003, 6:35 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3402 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pat] moving to Mazatlan

Hi Pat,

We loved Ajijic, but you just never know where the "right " place is going to be.

Kip
kip

nlnic

Dec 11, 2003, 6:02 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3384 views)

Shortcut

Hey Kip, I totally know what you mean, since the whole reason for our trip (well other than the beach, Christmas, etc, etc.) this time was to look at different areas. I'm kinda the opposite of you, have been to West Coast alot, never been to Ajijic. I think you guys are like us, too, the big thing is horses and room/feed for them. Thanks to our situation (you know) we now can't spend as much time, but that's ok. We'll get in part of the country this time, another part later, etc. I think that's important to me, see different areas. I have been researching areas for over a year now, I'll fill you in on what I've found out, it's quite revealing. We just mainly want room to roam on the horses, with the dogs, etc. We probably don't want the beach, more mountains, just cause it's easier for the critters (bugs, West Nile, etc.). We should talk, I feel like we're "sisters in kind" anyway. Nancy
Con mi corazon en Mexico!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4