Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

SusieC

Jun 26, 2001, 1:12 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2892 views)

Shortcut

Where is Michoacan?

Can't Post |
Please tell me where this village is located.
Thanks kindly.

jennifer rose

Jun 26, 2001, 2:08 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2895 views)

Shortcut

Where is Michoacan?

Can't Post |
Village? <p>The state of Michaocan de Ocampo is no village. From the farms and ranches of Piedad and Sahuayo to the sugar cane fields of Los Reyes, the avocados, mangos, coffee, and macadamias of Uruapan, the melon fields of Apatzingan, the ruggedly pristine Pacific coast to the port city of Lazaro Cardenas, the rugged pine-crested peaks of Mil Cumbres all the way to gold, caves and the tierra caliente of Huetamo, to the mines and butterflies of Angangueo and the former mining town of Tlalpujahua, it's as varied a state as you'll find anywhere. Did I mention blackberries and pears? Or Christmas ornaments? Or wood products? Or Patzcuaro and Vasco de Quiroga's re-creation of Thomas More's Utopia? Craft-central, and ground zero for Noche de Muertos. Or Paricutin, one of the world's most recent volcanoes? The guitars of Paracho, the lace of Aranza, the masks of Tocuaro, the devils of Ocumicho, and the pottery of Capula? The Meseta Purepecha, the archeological wonders of Tingambato, Tzintzuntzan and Ihuatzio? Or Santa Clara de Cobre? I haven't even mentioned Morelia, the most Spanish of all Mexican cities, which warrants a book all of its own. <p>This is the state which produced one of Mexico's most revered leaders - Lazaro Cardenas. This is the state which has sent off the second-highest number of its own to work across foreign borders. This is the state in which the oldest university in the American continent was founded back in 1540. This is the state which boasts the only newspaper in Mexico selling its copies on the same day in Los Angeles, and which publishes a regular page in an indigenous language. This is the state which is the very soul of Mexico. (And yes, this is the state in which I live. And I don't work for the chamber of commerce or the department of tourism.)<p>Now get yourself a map of Mexico. Draw a line along the eastern rims of Colima and Jalisco, the southern border of Guanajuato, a touch of the state of Queretaro, the western edge of the state of Mexico, and the northern frontier of Guerrero. Now you've got yourself a map of the borders of the state of Michoacan. Or, better yet, simply click on the link below.<p>Excuse me for getting all Emma Lazarus.

Irma Garcia La Plant

Mar 4, 2002, 1:09 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2884 views)

Shortcut

Where is Michoacan?

Can't Post |
Hello:
I'm interested in volunteering my time during the month of June July 2002. I'm a teacher in Vegas and would like to work in Aranza Michoacan for a month or so. Can someone tell me who to contact please.
Thanks<p>

Bertín Gómez Valle

Mar 16, 2002, 9:49 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2886 views)

Shortcut

Where is Michoacan?

Can't Post |
: Village? <p>: The state of Michaocan de Ocampo is no village. From the farms and ranches of Piedad and Sahuayo to the sugar cane fields of Los Reyes, the avocados, mangos, coffee, and macadamias of Uruapan, the melon fields of Apatzingan, the ruggedly pristine Pacific coast to the port city of Lazaro Cardenas, the rugged pine-crested peaks of Mil Cumbres all the way to gold, caves and the tierra caliente of Huetamo, to the mines and butterflies of Angangueo and the former mining town of Tlalpujahua, it's as varied a state as you'll find anywhere. Did I mention blackberries and pears? Or Christmas ornaments? Or wood products? Or Patzcuaro and Vasco de Quiroga's re-creation of Thomas More's Utopia? Craft-central, and ground zero for Noche de Muertos. Or Paricutin, one of the world's most recent volcanoes? The guitars of Paracho, the lace of Aranza, the masks of Tocuaro, the devils of Ocumicho, and the pottery of Capula? The Meseta Purepecha, the archeological wonders of Tingambato, Tzintzuntzan and Ihuatzio? Or Santa Clara de Cobre? I haven't even mentioned Morelia, the most Spanish of all Mexican cities, which warrants a book all of its own. <p>: This is the state which produced one of Mexico's most revered leaders - Lazaro Cardenas. This is the state which has sent off the second-highest number of its own to work across foreign borders. This is the state in which the oldest university in the American continent was founded back in 1540. This is the state which boasts the only newspaper in Mexico selling its copies on the same day in Los Angeles, and which publishes a regular page in an indigenous language. This is the state which is the very soul of Mexico. (And yes, this is the state in which I live. And I don't work for the chamber of commerce or the department of tourism.)<p>: Now get yourself a map of Mexico. Draw a line along the eastern rims of Colima and Jalisco, the southern border of Guanajuato, a touch of the state of Queretaro, the western edge of the state of Mexico, and the northern frontier of Guerrero. Now you've got yourself a map of the borders of the state of Michoacan. Or, better yet, simply click on the link below.<p>: Excuse me for getting all Emma Lazarus.<p>

Joan Humphries

Jul 17, 2002, 10:12 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2888 views)

Shortcut

Where is Michoacan?

Can't Post |
: What is blackberry season in Michoacan, and where are most of them located?<p>: Village? <p>: The state of Michaocan de Ocampo is no village. From the farms and ranches of Piedad and Sahuayo to the sugar cane fields of Los Reyes, the avocados, mangos, coffee, and macadamias of Uruapan, the melon fields of Apatzingan, the ruggedly pristine Pacific coast to the port city of Lazaro Cardenas, the rugged pine-crested peaks of Mil Cumbres all the way to gold, caves and the tierra caliente of Huetamo, to the mines and butterflies of Angangueo and the former mining town of Tlalpujahua, it's as varied a state as you'll find anywhere. Did I mention blackberries and pears? Or Christmas ornaments? Or wood products? Or Patzcuaro and Vasco de Quiroga's re-creation of Thomas More's Utopia? Craft-central, and ground zero for Noche de Muertos. Or Paricutin, one of the world's most recent volcanoes? The guitars of Paracho, the lace of Aranza, the masks of Tocuaro, the devils of Ocumicho, and the pottery of Capula? The Meseta Purepecha, the archeological wonders of Tingambato, Tzintzuntzan and Ihuatzio? Or Santa Clara de Cobre? I haven't even mentioned Morelia, the most Spanish of all Mexican cities, which warrants a book all of its own. <p>: This is the state which produced one of Mexico's most revered leaders - Lazaro Cardenas. This is the state which has sent off the second-highest number of its own to work across foreign borders. This is the state in which the oldest university in the American continent was founded back in 1540. This is the state which boasts the only newspaper in Mexico selling its copies on the same day in Los Angeles, and which publishes a regular page in an indigenous language. This is the state which is the very soul of Mexico. (And yes, this is the state in which I live. And I don't work for the chamber of commerce or the department of tourism.)<p>: Now get yourself a map of Mexico. Draw a line along the eastern rims of Colima and Jalisco, the southern border of Guanajuato, a touch of the state of Queretaro, the western edge of the state of Mexico, and the northern frontier of Guerrero. Now you've got yourself a map of the borders of the state of Michoacan. Or, better yet, simply click on the link below.<p>: Excuse me for getting all Emma Lazarus.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4