Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

dam sithichai

Aug 1, 2001, 5:04 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2303 views)

Shortcut

morelia/patzcuaro trip

Can't Post |
hola,<p>a couple of weeks ago i have the good fortune to spend 5 days in morelia and 4 days in patzcuaro. it was my first trip to michoacan.<p>in morelia, i stayed at the hotel catedral, opposite the zocalo. well, plenty of light, noise, and just great sight overlooking the zocalo. morelia struck me as very formal, aloof, and orderly. i spent all my time just in the centro, pounding the streets and enjoying the usual tourist spots. the city is very pleasing to the eyes, clean, with nothing jarring. about cultural events, i was more than impressed with the variety and venues. i attended five concerts, two art exhibits, crashed two wedding parties in the churches, and got invited into a home once. the lady saw me rubber necking her courtyard and just invited me in to tour the compound. <p>of patzcuaro, it is a unique colonial town. low slung and uniformly pleasing, with two great, lively plazas. i took jennifer's advice and booked into the mansion iturbe. i got room 11 overlooking the quiroga plaza. mostly, i just sat on the balcony observing life swirling below me. then on to walk the streets, enjoying crafts for sale, finding places to eat, and just lazing in the plazas. i spend the whole four days in town and saved the lake and all the little towns for next trip. i was totally mesmerized by patzcuaro.<p>it rained mostly during the evening and only for an hour or so. big cloud formation started to build up in the late afternoon, of which it was a delight to observe.<p>i had a great dinner in patzcuaro at priscilla's int't restaurant at ibarra 15 centro. great setting, service, and supurb food. it is in a great colonial house which the american owner has remodeled and would open as la casa de los suenos hotel. it is rather plush, with another, separate mexican restaurant.<p>all in all, a most relaxing trip.<p>saludos,<p>dam sithichai

jennifer rose

Aug 1, 2001, 9:00 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2289 views)

Shortcut

Room 11, Mansion Iturbe

Can't Post |
Room 11 at the Mansion Iturbe’s one of my favorites! There’s no better spot to reign over the Plaza Don Vasco, “supervising” all of its activity. At just the right time, around 6 a.m. after a pre-dawn rain, the plaza shimmers in golden reflection.

jay morgan

Aug 22, 2002, 10:44 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2297 views)

Shortcut

morelia/patzcuaro trip

Can't Post |
: hola<p>: a couple of weeks ago i have the good fortune to spend 5 days in morelia and 4 days in patzcuaro. it was my first trip to michoacan.<p>: in morelia, i stayed at the hotel catedral, opposite the zocalo. well, plenty of light, noise, and just great sight overlooking the zocalo. morelia struck me as very formal, aloof, and orderly. i spent all my time just in the centro, pounding the streets and enjoying the usual tourist spots. the city is very pleasing to the eyes, clean, with nothing jarring. about cultural events, i was more than impressed with the variety and venues. i attended five concerts, two art exhibits, crashed two wedding parties in the churches, and got invited into a home once. the lady saw me rubber necking her courtyard and just invited me in to tour the compound. <p>: of patzcuaro, it is a unique colonial town. low slung and uniformly pleasing, with two great, lively plazas. i took jennifer's advice and booked into the mansion iturbe. i got room 11 overlooking the quiroga plaza. mostly, i just sat on the balcony observing life swirling below me. then on to walk the streets, enjoying crafts for sale, finding places to eat, and just lazing in the plazas. i spend the whole four days in town and saved the lake and all the little towns for next trip. i was totally mesmerized by patzcuaro.<p>: it rained mostly during the evening and only for an hour or so. big cloud formation started to build up in the late afternoon, of which it was a delight to observe.<p>: i had a great dinner in patzcuaro at priscilla's int't restaurant at ibarra 15 centro. great setting, service, and supurb food. it is in a great colonial house which the american owner has remodeled and would open as la casa de los suenos hotel. it is rather plush, with another, separate mexican restaurant.<p>: all in all, a most relaxing trip.<p>: saludos,<p>: dam sithichai
not sure how this worls but i just sent a note to dam sithichai re the priscilla hotel/inn in patzcuaro. they hadnt opened yet when we went thru last jan and we can find any materials they may have given us so i'm looking for any info that could help me contact them to book some rooms. did this prixcilla int'l inn/restaurant also have some nice rooms on 2 floors; i recall one that looked very colonial with wood beams and very nicely decorated. thx
jay morgan

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4