Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Uncle Donnie

Nov 22, 2003, 7:34 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3325 views)

Shortcut

Good luck, Marlene!

Can't Post |
I have high hopes for a successful and busy Mazatlan forum. You know how much we enjoyed our last visit and how anxious we are for a quick return.

We found the peace and quiet of week-day trips to Stone Island to be excellent and effective treatments for the stress we carried to the coast, and we enjoyed watching the Venados brand of baseball, as well as the antics of some of their female fans.

The most reasonably priced waterfront restaurant -- IMHO -- is La Puntilla, down close to the ferry dock. 65 pesos for a whole huge snapper, deep-fried and accompanied by all the goodies. And good music by the mariachis who wander around the place.

I shall return!

UD

Shameless self-promotion:
http://www.headformexico.com

Uncle Jack

Nov 22, 2003, 7:51 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3325 views)

Shortcut

You didn't tell me........

Can't Post | Private Reply
.......about the whole red snapper for 65 pesos. That's a lot cheaper than the ocean front restraurants in Manzanillo.

uj

Marlene / Moderator

Nov 22, 2003, 9:28 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3317 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Donnie] Good luck, Marlene!

Can't Post | Private Reply
Thanks kindly Don.

When you return, you will find there are several new restaurants in the Plazuela Machado to try out as well, all with great menus and reasonably priced. A few more restaurant reviews here would be great!

Hurry back to Mazatlan and safe travels in the meantime.

Uncle Donnie

Nov 23, 2003, 6:15 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3289 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Good luck, Marlene!

Can't Post |
Jack, it sounds like Marlene has scouted out our kinds of places---inexpensive with excellent food. Ready for a road trip?

Wait, forget about it...I just flashed a vision of you on the beach at Stone Island...throw away that red thong!

Marlene, I'm with you on the restaurant reviews---we ate a couple of lunches in the upper floor comidas of Suarez Market. Well prepared and tasty dishes, great prices, and wonderfully befuddled young waitresses. Sometimes it takes a few days for us to get into the local vernacular. And I must admit my Spanish goes off in all directions at times. Maybe the waitresses weren't befuddled until they had to suffer through my gibberish.

At any rate they did a great job and the people watching opportunities from the dining balconies provided a nice touch.

Shameless self-promotion:
http://www.headformexico.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4