Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

jennifer rose

Oct 31, 2001, 11:35 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2083 views)

Shortcut

A Blue Moon on Lake Patzcuaro

Can't Post |
Tonight the full moon, which last shone on Halloween back in 1944 and which won’t appear again until the year 2020, glimmered over Lake Patzcuaro as boats left from the Muelle San Pedrito to capture the fisherman performing the ceremony of the butterfly nets. Just beyond Isla Janitzio there eight canoes, each bearing golden flames, circled us as they gracefully dipped their nets into the waters. Far off the lights of Patzcuaro, Tzintzuntzan and the other lakeside villages twinkled in a magic fairyland, far away from the cares and concerns of the world beyond. A moment of peace and tranquility, a remembrance of those who’ve passed through this world before us and a celebration of life’s harvest. <p>Old friends and new joined together, along of course with the foreign, national and local press capturing the mood. Tourists from France, Germany and Japan joined together with Americans. A big salute to Magarita Arriaga and Magui Pedraza of the Hotel Mansion Iturbe and Ariceli Lopez from Turismo for organizing a great sendoff for Muertos 2001!

zihuachava

Nov 13, 2001, 2:44 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2076 views)

Shortcut

A Blue Moon on Lake Patzcuaro

Can't Post |
 That was really nice, thanks for giving us that beautiful scene to think about. I feel as if I was there myself.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4