Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Bill Barber

Nov 5, 2001, 1:04 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1482 views)

Shortcut

Rincon Josefa, Patzcuaro

Can't Post |
I mentioned this place and JR asked for my impressions. They are most favorable. The hotel is fairly new, with lovely rooms, nicely furnished in a small inn a block or so off the main plaza. Not exactly bargain-priced,but very reasonable for the quality. As for the restaurant, excellent. The menu looks like that of 1000 other places, but the difference is in the cooking. A mistress of the culinary arts at work here.The soup well flavored, the fish tender and moist, those Michoacan tamale things whose name escapes me steamed to a light fluffy perfection. We found the place too late in our stay get the full benefit of the discovery, but of all the accomadations we visited in a month, this waa the nicest.

jennifer rose

Nov 5, 2001, 10:00 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1481 views)

Shortcut

Corundas and uchepos

Can't Post |
If those "Michoacan tamale things" were sextahedronal (six sides, five points) wrapped in fresh corn leaves, you were served corundas. If the tamale was rectangular filled with only fresh corn and masa, looking otherwise like "regular tamales," you were served uchepos.<p>

Bills

Nov 5, 2001, 12:39 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1482 views)

Shortcut

Corundas and uchepos

Can't Post |
: Thanks. We had both corundas and uchepos and they're both splendid. It was the uchepos at Rincon that were so fine.If those "Michoacan tamale things" were sextahedronal (six sides, five points) wrapped in fresh corn leaves, you were served corundas. If the tamale was rectangular filled with only fresh corn and masa, looking otherwise like "regular tamales," you were served uchepos.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4