Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

beverleywood

Nov 17, 2003, 10:53 AM

Post #1 of 3 (590 views)

Shortcut

Prescription Drugs

Can't Post | Private Reply

Does anyone out there have high blood pressure? If so, can you buy Vasotec (enalapril) readily at the farmacia? We're trying to decide whether to buy it here or wait til we get there... as long as it is available, we should buy local I think :)

johanson

Nov 17, 2003, 4:32 PM

Post #2 of 3 (562 views)

Shortcut

Re: [beverleywood] Prescription Drugs

Beverley. People always talk about how cheap the medicine is in Mexico. However I can buy the high blood pressure medicines I need for less in the States than I can in Mexico (Beta blocker, ace inhibitor, diuretic). How? If I double the strength of my Rx in Mexico, the price usually doubles. When I double the strength of my Rx in the states, the price barely goes up. So my high blood pressure medicines are cheaper in the states when I get double strength and cut the pills in half.

The only drug I found cheaper in Mexico than the US was Lipitor. Remember I was only checking those drugs I take. I hear on the news that the cost of drugs are even cheaper in Canada, so maybe you can do even better than I did.

So far the pills I take are at a pretty low strength. I have a new Doctor here in Mexico, who has ordered me to a Gym and suggested that I should loose 20 pounds. He had the audacity to suggest that if I were to do so, I could stop taking almost all of my medications. God I hate the truth.

beverleywood

Nov 17, 2003, 4:38 PM

Post #3 of 3 (560 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Prescription Drugs

Thanks for the info, appreciate it :)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4