Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Win Goepper

Nov 13, 2003, 7:13 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2823 views)

Shortcut

Excellent Dentist in Mazatlan

Can't Post | Private Reply
I went to Mazatlan to have have some dental work done as well as check out the city. I had gotten three recommendations for a dentist, Dr. Eduardo Ibarra, through a forum for Mazatlan, Freemaz.com. I had been told by two dentists in Florida that I needed three or four crowns and one or two fillings (aka bonding). Interestingly the diagnosis was slightly different by each U.S. dentist. The price quoted was $800 per porcelain crown. With my insurance the out of pocket expeense for me would have been around $485 each.

I had received a recommendation for dentists in Mazatlan who service the gringo community and one, Dr. Ibarra, who serves the local population and gringos. The dentists located near the American/Canadian population quoted $250+ per crown. Dr. Ibarra quoted the same price he charges his Mexican clients, 1,500 pesos, about $136 at the current exchange rate of 11 pesos to the dollar.

I found Dr. Ibarra to be pleasant, engaging, atttentive and capable. He speaks English very well. His diagnosis was the same as one of the dentists from Florida. I had no pain from the desensitizing injections and the procedures went well. Compared to U.S. dentists he spent a lot of time with me and never gave the impression he was in a hurry as I have experienced frequently with American dentists. I have had the crowns examined by a Florida dentist and was told everything looks fine.

I had a successful, pleasant experience and saved enough money to pay for my trip. I would highly recommend Dr. Ibarra. His address is 5 de Mayo, No. 1725 D-2 (on Cinqo de Mayo street in Centro at the corner with Melchor Ocampo St.) His phone number is 669-981-1260 after 4 p.m. His office hours begin at 4 p.m. at this location.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4