Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Robert Glass

Dec 25, 2001, 11:53 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2247 views)

Shortcut

Day of the Dead in Morelia

Can't Post |
Thanks to input from this forum, we have decided to take a Spanish immersion class in Morelia this Fall. Would it be wise to do this during the Day of the Dead festivities? Can anyone recommend a place to stay for two to three weeks for my wife and I? We are considering the homestay option, a hotel, or an apartment where we can do our own cooking.

jennifer rose

Dec 25, 2001, 12:32 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2244 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
You picked a perfect time of year to spend in Morelia. Baden-Powell can set you up with a homestay, which is probably the least costly alternative. While a homestay is a good way to integrate with some aspects of Mexican culture, the lack of privacy can be too close for comfort for some. <p>Casa Camelinas is a delightful B&B, owned and operated by a Mexican language professor. http://www.bestinns.net/mexico/camelinas.html Itís set in a very nice residential neighborhood with easy access to public transportation, and less than a mile to and from Baden-Powell. The property is immaculate, modern, and the hostesses most gracious. They seem to have a lot of repeat business, which speaks well of their establishment.

Susan

Dec 27, 2001, 5:18 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2244 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
We stayed at Casa Camelinas in March for 5 or 6 nights and loved it. We originally planned to stay a night or 2, but ended up staying on and just making day trips around the area. Rooms are very comfortable and there are 2 sweet cats and a small dog. Area was convenient as well. The house and garden are lovely.

Marianne Wickham

Jan 2, 2002, 12:38 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2246 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
My husband and I spent two weeks at Casa Camelinas in February 2000, and are returning for another two weeks next month. We would highly recommend staying there. In addition to several very comfortable rooms, each with its own bathroom, there is a lovely condominium (living room/dining room area, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom) that can be rented very reasonably. The hosts are extremely gracious, knowledgeable and helpful and, as Jennifer Rose noted, one is a fully bilingual Spanish language professor who offers on-site lessons.<p><p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4