Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Learning Spanish


Nov 11, 2003, 9:47 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2101 views)


An eye problem

Can't Post | Private Reply
I just got a large new floater in my left eye. This can be a harbinger of bad things to come, so I need to see an eye doctor, but I don't know how to say "A large floater has just appeared in my left eye."

Can you give me a translation I can show to the doctor?


Rolly Pirate


Nov 11, 2003, 1:27 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1927 views)


Re: [Rolly] An eye problem

Can't Post | Private Reply
Rolly, I don't know the precise medical terminology for the phenomenon you describe, but I think it would be enough to tell the optomólogo this: "Apareció muy de repente el otro día una mancha flotante, negra y grande que veo solo con el ojo izquierdo." (The other day a large black floating spot suddenly appeared that I only see with my left eye.)

Good luck and keep us posted.


Nov 12, 2003, 12:47 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2043 views)


Re: [Rolly] An eye problem

Can't Post | Private Reply

Did you see / are you seeing flashes of light? If so, get to the eye doctor immediately.

Don't worry too much about telling the doc. about the floater - they're visible to the doc as well as to you.

Most people develop floaters as they age - it can be a natural part of the shrinking of the goop inside the eye. So don't worry too much.

(been there, still there, getting worse, but slowly)
"Beauty is in the i of the Beholder"
(Julia Mandelbrot)
Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4