Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

steve kuhler

Dec 30, 2001, 9:59 PM

Post #1 of 8 (5251 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
I'm looking for imformation on the spa /hot spring/hotel in san jose purua, i've had no luck on the web,is it open? thanks

rick

Dec 31, 2001, 4:29 PM

Post #2 of 8 (5246 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
I did a Google search on<p>"San Jose Purua"<p>(make sure you use the quotes or you get san jose CA - etc)<p>also Google has cached copies of pages no longer in existance

Dana Siegmund

Mar 25, 2002, 9:47 AM

Post #3 of 8 (5247 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
: I'm looking for imformation on the spa /hot spring/hotel in san jose purua, i've had no luck on the web,is it open? thanks<p>Information on Balneario San Jose Purua has been scarce. It was supposed to be taken over by the Presidente Hotel chain and remodeled but there's not anything on it on their website. I stayed there in the '70's, it was a grand old place full of 1940's type atmosphere. Hope it gets back up and running.<p>

Maggie Agro

Jul 24, 2002, 2:40 PM

Post #4 of 8 (5245 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
I, too, stayed there in the 60's and have been trying to find it. If anyone comes up with anything, please let me know.
This place had a waterfall that ran down the hillside through their bar(glass floor) into a gorge below. It was rumored when we were there that Max Factor packaged and sold the mud from the springs.

Dan Turner

Aug 16, 2002, 7:06 AM

Post #5 of 8 (5247 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
: : I'm looking for imformation on the spa /hot spring/hotel in san jose purua, i've had no luck on the web,is it open? thanks<p>I too stayed at the San Jose Purua a number of times in the 70's and it was quite a place with the peacocks strutting through the lobby and the trail through the gardens on the side of the canyon. I've wondered about the condition of the Purua for some time now as it has a lot of fond memories of Morelia, Zitacuaro and the little parrishes between there and abouts Michoacan.<p>Good luck!!<p>Dan Turner

FRANCISCO ABUD HENRIQUEZ

Aug 20, 2002, 12:00 AM

Post #6 of 8 (5245 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
hola que tal solo queria saber si ya no ba a abrir el hotel sanjose purua.
todabia sigen los dueños henriquez?
o ban a ser nuevos dueños <p>yo soy el nieto del exadministrador :mariano abud velarde
seria un orguyo que abrieran el hotel
gracias por su atencion y espero pronto su mail
de contestacion atte francisco javier abud h <p>

Leonard Helfand

Aug 22, 2002, 4:17 PM

Post #7 of 8 (5245 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
: I'm looking for imformation on the spa /hot spring/hotel in san jose purua, i've had no luck on the web,is it open? thanks<p>I saw in a Sheraton Hotel book that Sheraton was
planning to open a resort
in San Jose Purua in 2002 but when I called
Sheraton reservations they didn't know about it-
Perhaps its
been delayed or another chain will manage it.

Carlos Escarcega

Aug 29, 2002, 7:44 AM

Post #8 of 8 (5249 views)

Shortcut

San Jose Purua

Can't Post |
Try this phone number: (715) 1570150.If in the future I get more information,I`ll comment you in this page.
Carlos.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4