Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Paula Hernandez

Jan 9, 2002, 10:50 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1496 views)

Shortcut

La Piedad, Michocan

Can't Post |
Hi all! I have just discovered this wonderful place (thanks to Jennifer Rose). We are a family of 4 and would like to plan a trip to this area. Any advice on air lines, lodging, time of year would be appreciated. We are thinking April, July, or October 2002.

jennifer rose

Jan 12, 2002, 12:59 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1490 views)

Shortcut

La Piedad, Michocan

Can't Post |
I'd opt for either July or October, because those are the most beautiful months in Michoacan. April tends toward the hot and dry, and there are the Semana Santa crowds as well. <p>La Piedad is about an hour from Leon, and two from both Guadalajara and Morelia. Whether to fly into Leon or to the latter cities depends upon where you're flying from. Guadalajara may likely offer a better range of flights as well as more car rental options.<p>La Piedad is a farm town of about 200,000 souls, clean, progressive, featuring a big porcine fair the last ten days of December. It's also well-known for its rebozos.<p>While La Piedad seldoms merits much, if any, mention in the standard tour guides, it does have untapped tourist potential. There is a 5-star 100+ room Holiday Inn!

Thank you Jennifer!  This forum is so helpful for

Jan 12, 2002, 10:47 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1491 views)

Shortcut

La Piedad, Michocan

Can't Post |
: I'd opt for either July or October, because those are the most beautiful months in Michoacan. April tends toward the hot and dry, and there are the Semana Santa crowds as well. <p>: La Piedad is about an hour from Leon, and two from both Guadalajara and Morelia. Whether to fly into Leon or to the latter cities depends upon where you're flying from. Guadalajara may likely offer a better range of flights as well as more car rental options.<p>: La Piedad is a farm town of about 200,000 souls, clean, progressive, featuring a big porcine fair the last ten days of December. It's also well-known for its rebozos.<p>: While La Piedad seldoms merits much, if any, mention in the standard tour guides, it does have untapped tourist potential. There is a 5-star 100+ room Holiday Inn!<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4